Honored Contributor

Re: Severely Chapped/Cracked/Dry Hands

Be sure and wear gloves to bed after applying the hand lotion.

Trusted Contributor

Image result for neutrogena fragrance free products

Okeefes did not work for us but neutrogena fragrance free works the best !!

Trusted Contributor

Vaseline intensive care fragrance free is excellent too.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with Neutrogena - the one pictured. The best stuff out here IMO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@catpat

Beekman whipped body butter —- maybe (have not tried on severely chapped hands overnight)

The one tried and true (a dental hygienist once told me she uses overnight with cotton gloves is Mary Kay night cream #1...it is dark orange and unscented, but has the texture of Vaseline.

I hope his hands improve...poor guy.❣️

I second the Mary Kay.  I have used it for over 40 years on my neck and hands.  A little goes a long way.  I add water to seal in the moisture.  It’s great on my heels, too.  It’s called Extra Emollient Night Cream.  It’s a pinky orange color and is the original night cream from the 60’s.  It also works great on diaper rash.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl

Thank you for the additional information! 

It seems like not long ago I had to order from eBay for this. Has it been discontinued?

DH uses this for his heel calluses.

Our doctor told us to use it on top of bathed skin for eczema.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Bath & Body Works Hemp hand cream

dee

Respected Contributor

To Son:  keep a jar of any greasy cream by your bed with old pair of socks. Vaseline, shea butter, olive oil all cheap and easy to find. Bag balm is perfect. The lotions that evaporate are worthless.

Now go to bed, grab the vaseline and rub in a good quantity (you’ll figure it out) then pull on the cotton socks. You’ll see results quickly but especially in cold weather it should be your nighttime routine. In fact after you rub it on your hands rub some on your mouth for chapped lips.

One question, aren’t gloves available at work?  I worked in a factory and we were supplied gloves if we had jobs that sound just like yours.

Super Contributor

I agree with the Neutrogen, as shown in the picture above. It is the best, especially in winter.

Honored Contributor

the body shop hemp hand protector. it is the best cream out there for problem hands. it is NOT unscented though. they make a foot protector also that is great.

https://assets.thebodyshop.com/medias/hemp-hand-protector-1099923-30ml-4-640x640.jpg?context=product-images/h53/h58/11836302950430/hemp-hand-protector-1099923-30ml_4-640x640.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein