Valued Contributor

What is your favorite setting spray? I really had never used one before, but I am sick of spending so much time on my makeup just to have it all be gone or not looking so great by the end of the workday. I ended up purchasing Urban Decay All Nighter today but am kind of wondering if I should have gone with the Chill spray as I do have really dry skin and for whatever reason seem to sweat while I'm applying makeup (probably bathroom being hot from the shower steam or something). For those who ahve experience with both of those - can you tell a difference between the two really? what other sprays have you tried that you love - or hate?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very curious about this, too. I'd really like to know if the new one fron loreal works well. Have any of you tried it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Setting Sprays

[ Edited ]

I discovered Rose Petals brand of rosewater. Just spritz it on over makeup and your set. During the hot summer months I like to use powder foundations to counteract sweat and oil. Sometimes this can look too powdery so setting my makeup with rosewater brings the matte to a dewey finish...more natural and healthy looking.

HRP-44612-3.jpg

Honored Contributor

HRP-44609-2.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: Setting Sprays

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I discovered Rose Petals brand of rosewater. Just spritz it on over makeup and your set. During the hot summer months I like to use powder foundations to counteract sweat and oil. Sometimes this can look too powdery so setting my makeup with rosewater brings the matte to a dewey finish...more natural and healthy looking.

HRP-44612-3.jpg

This says "aromatherapy mist". I don't think it's reallyintended to be used to set your makeup. Not sure if that would work. Plus they lost me with that description on the back. Too much woo for me.

Frequent Contributor

My favorite is Pixi By Petra Makeup Fixing Mist.  Especially love it in the summer...it feels great to spray on after applying  my make-up (some use it before and after and I am going to give that a try). This product actually helps extend the life of my make-up for at least several more hours.  

I have purchased several products from this line (another favorite is Pixie Glow Tonic...learned about that product months back from this community forum). I purchase these items from Target. It is a bonus that these products work so well and are cruelty free to boot!

Honored Contributor

Hydration SprayI use the red one and have for years.

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw,I've used them both but found the All Nighter the better one for summer for me.  

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw,

This rosewater has many uses. Aromatherapy is only one of them. You can google rosewater makeup setting spray. There's quite a few articles.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Do you feel anything on your face after you spray it on or does it just dry or soak in? I've wondered about those as well. I have dry skin.