Frequent Contributor

Seriously......Am I The Only One?

It really upsets me to see all this cheap junk mascarading as high priced high quality HG's. Does anyone else read the ingredients and know what they are paying for BESIDES the name? Some stuff is really nice good quality don't get me wrong...but about 60% of "High End" items are cheap junk. Take dior's new treatment Rose balm. Basically it is vaseline dressed up with a few vitamins, spf, some fake rose fragrance, and a tint. Throw a fairy dusting of shea butter in the mix and charge $25. SERIOUSLY. It's mineral oil/polybutene(synth min oil). My $3 vaseline rosy lips is the exact same thing, and at least it has REAL rose oil. I don't understand why people don't investigate a little more carefully into what they spend their money on? Creme de la mer....another example....basically nivea (IDENTICAL FORMULA) with algea extract. Play the algrea some music, give it a light show, let it ferment....and it's a "miracle broth". Seriously??? Estee Lauder (who owns La Mer) has MUCH more sophisticated formulation with ingredients that actually DO something.

Chanel is one of the few companies who actually do their own research and offer formulations comensurate to the price tag. The mascara's are phenominal....you could practically call them all natural save a few necessary evils to preserve the intergrity of the ingredients and give it some shelf life.

I hope I have not offended anyone..I just want to open some eyes....do your own research and you'll see for yourself.