Trusted Contributor

Re: Serious Skincare "Farewell Tour" banner is up at ShopHQ

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I wonder why? They always had such a good following on HSN, maybe they will come to QVC.......I have only tried a few of their products, and some I really liked and their prices were good......Such a shame!!!!!

Maybe but my fear is Q would increase their prices. That's the beauty of SSC good product for a good price. I will miss watching their shows. 

Contributor

I'll be doing what I did when Skinn left ShopHQ--stocking up on specific autoships that are super great deals. I already started doing that for SSC last month, and now that it's official, I'll finish up with stocking & canceling autoships. I watch a lot of the shopping channels on YouTube, not on TV, so maybe Jen should just do YouTube shows. There are worse ideas, ha, ha.

Have a blessed day, everyone!  : D

Regular Contributor

ShopHQ announced them as part of their financial turn around but the they raised all the prices significantly and only allowed single products or occasionally a duo.....none of the greats kits that they offered for many years at HSN.  But HSN did exactly the same thing to Skinn and worse gave them them very, very little air time, limited to only a few products for a whole year. Since Dmitri has insisted on free shipping, they real jacked the pricing.

Both these companies have been promoting and offering their own specials and deals on Facebook and perhaps other places

Trusted Contributor

@AddictedToBeauty wrote:

I'll be doing what I did when Skinn left ShopHQ--stocking up on specific autoships that are super great deals. I already started doing that for SSC last month, and now that it's official, I'll finish up with stocking & canceling autoships. I watch a lot of the shopping channels on YouTube, not on TV, so maybe Jen should just do YouTube shows. There are worse ideas, ha, ha.

Have a blessed day, everyone!  : D

I do the same. I mainly watch HQ and HSN on their youtube channels now. So easy.

Contributor

The ShopHQ prices are VERY high when they are not on-air, and most know how high the shipping can be. I guess that's just how they roll.over there, not great. That being said, I have several SSC kit autoships that are very well-priced with little to no shipping fees. Those are the ones I am stocking. Some others that I had were also great deals, but they are also available now at Serious Direct, so hopefully, they'll continue to offer great deals on that website. I missed out on the jumbo pump size Rulinea hand cream there, so I'm watching for it to return.

I keep wanting to wish everyone a Happy Friday, but it's only Wednesday.... So Happy Wednesday, I guess, but it just doesn't have the same ring or feeling as Friday.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Shophq doesn't have too many beauty lines as it is, you would think they would want to keep a line that has such a following such as SSC......Wonder if the sales just weren't there since they moved from HSN?

You would think right? It's basically Isomers and the Dubrows now. 

New Contributor

Just came up on my cell phone emails from shophq and also when you go to their site it is listed that way on one of the pages with SS products....wish there was an explanation....

Highlighted
Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Shophq doesn't have too many beauty lines as it is, you would think they would want to keep a line that has such a following such as SSC......Wonder if the sales just weren't there since they moved from HSN?

You would think right? It's basically Isomers and the Dubrows now. 

lol. We joke at our house, "What's Dr. Dubrow trying to sell us today?" since he seems to be on ShopHQ constantly. We call ShopHQ "The Dr. Dubrow Show" now. I rarely watch since I prefer the beauty shows.

Contributor

@MelO1 wrote:

Just came up on my cell phone emails from shophq and also when you go to their site it is listed that way on one of the pages with SS products....wish there was an explanation....

I saw a meme on SSC Facebook complaining about rethinking your purchase when you see the total shipping charges at checkout. Maybe they couldn't negotiate the shipping they wanted. Don't know, just guessing. It's probably multiple factors.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly, I am not sure what ShopHQ is thinking. They are circling the drain and yet they are letting their best lines disappear. Jorge is not doing Waterford anymore which is a huge loss for them. Skinn left, their home goods are ugly as sin, and they let the good hosts go.

I read somewhere that there were a couple of lines owned by the Invica family with the good Dr's line being one of them. That is why it is on all the time.

I belong to a FB group run by Jorge and he said ShopHQ needs our support but there is nothing interesting enough to buy.