Honored Contributor

Re: Serious Skincare leaving HSN

@ellaphant wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@FLGators wrote:

no worries, she will be on EvineWoman Wink

That would make sense because Evine has their new studio in L.A. now. 

Can't imagine ANY vendor going to Evine...they are 3 rd rate and do not have the reach of HSN or QVC. SSC won't be going there!

Isomers and Skinn make a killing on Evine.  SSC will do very well there  and be able to give the good deals as they alway have. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, that is a shocker!  I will miss them on HSN.  I hope they don't go to Evine because I don't shop there. 

Respected Contributor

Say it isn’t so!  I’ve always had good results with SSC, and you cannot beat their prices!  Only possible downside of Evine is their high shipping costs, wha-wahhhhh.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

@FLGators wrote:

That's what I was thinking.  She was on HSN for a very long time and before she became spokesperson or took over wasn't it a dermatologist or doctor of some sort that did that brand before Jennifer?  

I recall way back in the early days there was a female doctor, possibly a dermatologist, can't remember for sure, who would appear with Jennifer. I remember thinking at the time that she never got a chance to chime in and say very much and wondered why they even bothered having her there if they weren't going to let her talk except for a few words here and there.

It was Lesa Stock, Cece's mom, who is an esthetician.  She created the original SSC products for Cece's skin problems and then Jennifer invested in the company after using the products herself.  

Aha, I wasn't even close then when I said doctor.No clue who Cece is but thank you for the correct info :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't really say I'm shocked because they haven't been on in quite awhile andaround Labor Day they posted about a big announcement over the next several weeks.  At that point I figured they were gone from HSN.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but Serious John may have dropped a hint that they will be on Evine.  Someone asked about products on auto-ship through HSN and long story short, SJ said when they are at the new company, the products will be offered on subscription. That is what Evine calls their auto-ship program.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

@FLGators wrote:

That's what I was thinking.  She was on HSN for a very long time and before she became spokesperson or took over wasn't it a dermatologist or doctor of some sort that did that brand before Jennifer?  

I recall way back in the early days there was a female doctor, possibly a dermatologist, can't remember for sure, who would appear with Jennifer. I remember thinking at the time that she never got a chance to chime in and say very much and wondered why they even bothered having her there if they weren't going to let her talk except for a few words here and there.

It was Lesa Stock, Cece's mom, who is an esthetician.  She created the original SSC products for Cece's skin problems and then Jennifer invested in the company after using the products herself.  

Aha, I wasn't even close then when I said doctor.No clue who Cece is but thank you for the correct info :-)

Cece (Cecilia Stock) is the young woman who took over the HSN duties from her mom and has been appearing with Jennifer the past several years.  I'm not sure if she is also an esthetician like her mom.

Trusted Contributor

Do you think all their products will be markdown? Or will they just disappear from the site?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is directly from Serious John's FB page:

Jennifer and Serious Skincare will not be appearing on HSN any longer - you can bet that we will be available soon on TV and everyone will be pleased! More to follow when we can announce. In the meantime, please shop with serious skincare and look for select items on Amazon. You can call our customer service anytime and they will match your former AutoShip program, based on inventory availability. We are sorry we cannot share more information with you at this time... we thank all of our loyal customers for sticking it out - stay tuned!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee They reside in Florida, not LA (though I'm sure they own property there) which is why HSN was so great for Jennifer; she could commute there easily for all their shows. According to different trade magazines/interviews, Jennifer is a very hands-on mom to their children and HSN studios being so close to her home worked out perfectly with family time especially since she didn't have to travel.She'll have to travel now to Evine as neither MN or LA is a quick hop from FL.

There's a thread on HSN (one of many) discussing this. I caught a few posts on one where Jennifer appeared very unhappy on air and viewers wondered if she was holding back tears as she was hinting SSC wouldn't be coming back and that was news to the viewers. 

What I wonder is WHO made the decision to have  SSC leave HSN and why that decision was made.

Whatever happens, I wish them luck with the line. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jennifer and Sly reside in LA, HSN even did live shows from their home. someone posted on the HSN BB that they will be on Evine starting in January, but SSC has not confirmed that. .