Honored Contributor

I ordered the Insta-tox yesterday, because it was a "good deal"...........

(I've tried some of her products in the past, but found them to be heavily scented.)

I've been looking for something to "cure" a pesky line on my forehead, so............I'm gonna give this a try.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The TS is a great deal for so much product, however I am very skeptical of SSC's ingredients, they tend to use petroleum and fillers and chemicals.

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The TS is a great deal for so much product, however I am very skeptical of SSC's ingredients, they tend to use petroleum and fillers and chemicals.

As you are quick to chime in on every. single. SSC thread. Yawn.

Honored Contributor

@makeupmama wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I speak only the truth, all you are speaking is an insult and repeating yourself. Someone asked about the product, I replied as homestly as I can, what did you do??

No reason to put someone down who says the truth, you are only a bully, I am not. The question was posted here twice, I answered twice, same as you!! Yawns to you!!

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@makeupmama wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I speak only the truth, all you are speaking is an insult and repeating yourself. Someone asked about the product, I replied as homestly as I can, what did you do??

No reason to put someone down who says the truth, you are only a bully, I am not. The question was posted here twice, I answered twice, same as you!! Yawns to you!!

I think you need to look up what the word 'bully' means before you throw that word around. It means to frighten or intimidate, demand or threaten.  None of that was done when I mentioned that you are quick to bring up your chemical list on every single SSC thread. Thats called an observation.   We don't need to blow things out of proportion here and get hysterical. I'm out. 

Frequent Contributor

I've been a SSC user for years, off and on.  I really like the Glycolic Line. Over the years I've tried dozens and dozens of skin care lines, I know what works and what doesn't for me. And I'll be celebrating the BIG 6-0 this year!  Heart  Heart  Heart

The cost of something, whether it's one $ or $$$$, it doesn't matter.  There are a few ingedients in the newer formulations of serums, creams, oils, etc., which causes my skin to break out in milia. And I've never had these things before! 

I've tried her new Ultra-Mare Pure Marine Infusion Concentrated Serum and love it!  I only use it 2 -3 times a week, but it's lovely on my skin.  Today's TS is worth this alone!  Yep, I'm buying.  I also use the Creamerum Evolve, sparingly.  Cell turnover and health is important for my skin, so I use a few different products from different beauty lines on a rotating basis. A combination of oily, breakout-prone, aging, sensitive skin.  It's a never-ending challenge.

Cheers!

Esteemed Contributor

SSC has been a vendor on The Shopping Channel in Canada 2 different times and currently they are not a vendor. I liked them when I was dealing with acne and the original 5 piece kit with the glycolic cleanser, glycolic gel, salicylic lotion, and bezoyl peroxide really helped. I never got into the other stuff from their line except the pink Dry-Lo. I don't buy that anymore and prefer to buy a similar product which is a lot cheaper at a Fred Meyer grocery store in the U.S.

My beauty shopping is eclectic and I am not brand loyal to anyone at all. I seldom buy beauty products online either except the IT original CC cream now.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Jordan2  Perhaps you didn't see my post about this a little farther done in the forums here.  I asked if anybody uses Serious and how you like (or don't) the products.

You noted the cleanser. Do you use anything else in this line?  I thought also what a great buy this today's special is but I don't know these products.

@PINKdogWOOD, no I didn't notice your thread, I would not have started this one if I had. I did use the exfoliating product in the previous two step rendition and I did like it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Serious Skincare TS

[ Edited ]

I purchased this set to try out the various items, mostly the cleanser because of all the good reviews.  I just got it today and used the cleanser and while my skin feels really clean it feels really dry.  Normally my skin is still on the oily side.  I don't think I will be able to use this everyday. 

I also tried the Derma Crepe resist on my hands.  I think I am going to let my mom use that because she has been wanting to try it. 

Update: 

Skin still very dry feeling today and looks like I have a bad sunburn!   Not even sure if I will be able to wear makeup today!

Maybe it works for some but it is a horrible product for me.  I just packed up the whole thing and will be sending it all back because I am too afraid to try anything else from this line

Respected Contributor

Anyone else have a bad reaction to the cleanser?  Not sure what was in that stuff to cause such a bad reaction for me but my skin is still very irritated.  I have had skincare products cause breakouts before but never anything that feels like it has burned my skin!