Respected Contributor

Re: Serious Skincare Evine visit TTV 3 1 -2 -3

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Has anyone tried the Ultr-Mare line of Serious skin care?  I am thinking they are comparing this line to La-Mer which is way too expensive.  I am tempted on making a purchase.  Couldn't find this line on makeupalley.com where i go for reviews outside of these boards.

@Sunnycorle   Mad Hippie Eye Cream is usually my go to.  I have no complaints about it but was tempted to try the Ultra-Mar.  I like it a lot.  There’s a disc that covers the jar and on the top of the disc there’s a tiny little spoon to dip into the product.

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thank you for your post.  I bought the kit I was looking at on Evine.  Its a 3 piece with a serum, eye cream and face cream.  Now I want to look up the Mad Hippie cream!  Love the name of the brand!  

Trusted Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just can not listen to the vendor blabbing on and on an on. Just  trying just too hard. She is worse than she was on HSN selling SSC.  I think she sounds over the top desperate or something.   Gushingly  overly sweet as saccharin.

Wow, why so mean?  I find Jennifer to be genuine and seems to have a big heart.  Always consistant with her personality.  I am glad she is back on a channel.  I really enjoy her products.

I like Jennifer too. I find her, CC and handsome John easy to watch. I love Jennifer and Heather together the most. They are a delight! 

Trusted Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Has anyone tried the Ultr-Mare line of Serious skin care?  I am thinking they are comparing this line to La-Mer which is way too expensive.  I am tempted on making a purchase.  Couldn't find this line on makeupalley.com where i go for reviews outside of these boards.

My mother has used it for some time now and loves it. It's for very dry skin. She also loves the reverse line. She's in her 80's though. 

Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

My mother has used it for some time now and loves it. It's for very dry skin. She also loves the reverse line. She's in her 80's though. 

I am turning 50 in May, WOW!  First time writing that in any form!  Anyway, I am thinking I need some bigger hitters moving into this new decade.  My skin is pretty good, my mother started me young and I always take care of it with all different brands of skin care, but I do come back to this line from time to time and really enjoy it.  Glad you Mom is loving it~!

Super Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Serious Skincare Choice of Reverse Lift or Glycolic Pads Double-Up

TTV $ 36.50 + $2.99 S/H

sscrlttv.jpg

This is a good price for two.

I just watched Jennifer on Evine for the first time this weekend.

The prices are higher than when she was on HSN. No kits. Individual prices on some products very high.

I did get a kick out of the video they had from last month when Sly surprised Jennifer on set. He was funny.

I miss my surprise gift box I had on AS from SSC. 8-9 full size products in every box.

At the Evine prices, I won't be shopping SSC anymore.

Frequent Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I've tried the cream and the eye cream and like them. I cant compare them to the La Mer line as its out of my price range, but it's obvious that's what they are comparing it to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bluezircon wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I've tried the cream and the eye cream and like them. I cant compare them to the La Mer line as its out of my price range, but it's obvious that's what they are comparing it to.

The serum is fine, but the first 2 ingredients in the cream are water and mineral oil, no thanks!

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Bluezircon wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

The serum is fine, but the first 2 ingredients in the cream are water and mineral oil, no thanks!

Well, water is the first ingredient in many products. I dont mind a little oil if I like the product itself.