Honored Contributor

Re: Serious SkinCare Micro Needling Kit??

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm kinda kicking myself.  I ordered Thursday night w/o doing my research first.  Early Friday AM, I started looking around on Amazon.  They have similar kits for far less money.  I know I'll have to eat the shipping, but it'll still be worth it to send the SSC kit back and order from Amazon.  I need to take some notes from the microneedlers here, so I make sure to get the right size.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Keep it! you have to replace the blades anyway, so just keep it in your "rotation" I bought the cheapie ones on Amazon, and use them, but I purchased this one too, you get 5 blades so it comes out to about $10 per..that isnt bad.. hang on to it, it also has the small one for the eyes, which I, personally think will be good...

You get 4, not 5, microneedle devices with the kit. The fifth item is a silicone cleansing brush.

Which I don't need anyway.  It was just a dumb purchase for me.  Live and learn.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

The needles in the kit are for exfoliation and not long enough for collagen induction where a 0.5mm would be used. These are what SSC has in the kit:

• 1200 needles head for use on body 0.30mm
  • 720 needles head for use on face 0.25mm
  • 300 needles head for use around outer eyes, nose and lips 0.25mm
  • 12 needles stamp head for use in very small areas 0.25mm
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Imo, a better choice would be to purchase rollers, or stamps, that are one-piece construction. In other words, the kind that don't have a removable head and then toss the whole thing away when the time comes.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are comparing this to glopro for product penetration. But then Jennifer talks about how expensive her dermarolling was at the doctors office. This can confuse her customers because what she had was probably a deep dermaroll for collagen. It's not a bad kit, it's just that maybe people who have heard of dermarolling are thinking collagen production when you do the deeper rolling.

Respected Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

They are comparing this to glopro for product penetration. But then Jennifer talks about how expensive her dermarolling was at the doctors office. This can confuse her customers because what she had was probably a deep dermaroll for collagen. It's not a bad kit, it's just that maybe people who have heard of dermarolling are thinking collagen production when you do the deeper rolling.

Exactly @beautybee... another minor difference in SSC's micro needling tool for the face and GloPRO's is SSC's needles are .25mm long and GloPRO's are .30mm. Granted that's not much difference in length and they probably will perform the same. SSC's body attachment is .30mm long and GloPRO's is .50mm.  

I purchased GloPRO's tool when it was the TSV here a few weeks ago and so far really like it. I feel my products absorb much better and my face/pores look smoother. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

GloPro's needles are stainless steel. SSC's are titanium. There are more pros for ss than there are for titanium. If you look at my post #5 in this thread, I explained why this is so.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee  do you have to sign up on paypal or does it automatically get credited?   They didn't waste any time getting them shipped out.

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

@SilleeMee  do you have to sign up on paypal or does it automatically get credited?   They didn't waste any time getting them shipped out.

@claros ,

You have to activate the return shipping refund service. I put a link below to the PayPal page where it shows you how to do this and how to file a claim for your refund.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-f...

Also, please read the Terms and Conditions while you are there. Some limitations apply to this service.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mothertrucker 

The needles in the kit are for exfoliation and not long enough for collagen induction where a 0.5mm would be used. These are what SSC has in the kit:

• 1200 needles head for use on body 0.30mm
  • 720 needles head for use on face 0.25mm
  • 300 needles head for use around outer eyes, nose and lips 0.25mm
  • 12 needles stamp head for use in very small areas 0.25mm

UH, OH!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@claros wrote:

@claros ,

You have to activate the return shipping refund service. I put a link below to the PayPal page where it shows you how to do this and how to file a claim for your refund.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-f...

Also, please read the Terms and Conditions while you are there. Some limitations apply to this service.

@SilleeMee  so now that Q has paypal as a option....will the refund of shipping costs be refunded doing this??  

Edit....I decided to not purchase any micro needling kits from anywhere I just don't want to risk a flare up of my rosacea and thanks to all posting on this topic...very helpful!!