Esteemed Contributor

I haven't used Serious Skin Care in years, but saw Jennifer presenting a few items a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone use this line? Has it changed at all? What are your thoughts? I used to love the olive oil serum, but have switched to Josie Maran's Argan oil. I like it, but miss the olive oil serum. 

Respected Contributor

There are people who still love this line but I have moved on. Used to use it years ago. I prefer Skinn or Josie Maran as their ingredients are better. On occasion something from SSC will grab my attention. In fact last week they had their cleansing balm half off. Never tried it but decided to give it a try based on the good reviews. Oh one thing I do use is their Instatox but  not as a face serum. I use it as a lip primer. It's great at keeping my lipstick on. I don't like it as a face serum.

Respected Contributor

Only use the dry lo, I did use a cleaner too but switched to Paula's Choice. I do watch sometimes when Jen is on & they do have great sale prices but my skin is so sensitive I only use a cleanser, a 2% BHA & dry lo. For makeup a power foundation & a lip gloss. That's it, that's everything & how I envy those who can try new things & use whatever they want.

Honored Contributor

I will try something on occassion, but only when a bargain on ebay, and only after checking the ingredients very carefully, they use lots of fillers and sub par ingredients.

Frequent Contributor

Just found out that the Olive Oil line is being discontinued. There are a few items on HSN. I loved the cleanser, but is is no longer available.

Honored Contributor

I always liked the Olive Oil Serum too if it's the one in the little dropper bottle.  I really liked it when I go out to MT for skiing since the air is so dry.  Hate it will no longer be available.  I also used to get their glycolic cleanser.

I used to like Creamerum, but then the "improved" it and doubled the price and I didn't even like it as well.  It seems the prices keep going up on their stuff unless you get a Kit, but I don't want all C or all Retinol etc.  

I got that little vibrating facial brush they had and it was nothing special.  And then right about the time the battery died, the on/off button also died, so basically it was  throwaway.  And I hated the Vitamin C cleanser that came with it.  Much prefer el cheapo Olay spin brush.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care

[ Edited ]

I used to buy from this line when they first appeared on HSN.  At that time, Cece's (?) mother would present with Jennifer.  In fact, she did most of the talking. 

They also only had a few products at the time.  One Christmas, they had this nice little travel case full of products.  As I remember, it was a real bargain and a good intro to the line.

I followed them for awhile, but, it got so tedious trying to keep up with the flood of new items, I gave up. 

I also started using Isomers.

Haven't bought SSC since then. 

Esteemed Contributor

@4birds wrote:

Just found out that the Olive Oil line is being discontinued. There are a few items on HSN. I loved the cleanser, but is is no longer available.

This is also why I stopped using SSC and moved on to something else. They Kept changing the products, I could not get my tried & true items and I will not waste money trying the new & improved, when really they are not!

Respected Contributor

I used to use SSC many years ago, it was such a good basic line, but after Jennifer bought the company from Lesa Stock, it seemed they couldn't add new products fast enough.  I quit using their products shortly after that. 

I can see making some improvements and adding some new products to keep up with technology, which Lesa was doing, but to me this got out of hand and I think the quality also suffered.  Not to mention how the prices went up.  Too bad for us consumers once again when these things happen.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Try ebay for the discontinued items.