Esteemed Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care..yes or no?

My favorite SSC product is the Reverse Lift Eye Cream. I have reordered it and Firma Face many times.

Valued Contributor

I use and love two things from the SSC line that I will continue to buy (and both last forever for me). One is the A cleanser. It is in the blue packaging. They usually have this on a special deal that includes a tube and a pump of the product. Great if you're going away. I keep this in my shower and use it on my face in the morning. Or if I take the random shower at night or at another time.

The cleanser I've been using every single night at my sink, though, and loving, is the Tatcha oil. Love how this removes MU!

So they are two completely different products that address my needs individually and at different times of the day.

The other SSC product I like and will most likely use again is the Phyto-Pumpkin scrub. This is another one I also keep in the shower and use about 3x/week. I have very finicky skin and this works great.

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2014 glmama said:

I use and love two things from the SSC line that I will continue to buy (and both last forever for me). One is the A cleanser. It is in the blue packaging.

We are all to different! That's the one that turned my face to sandpaper. I used it for a while before I realized that it was the culprit, and then tossed the rest.

Honored Contributor

I am a huge fan of the C line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Valued Contributor

On 4/5/2014 croemer said:

Did you see a difference right away or did it take some time?

Super Contributor

I use and like the A line and Glycolic, and treatments/masks in both lines. I've used some of the C line, but prefer the others. I like all of the cleansers too.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2014 Cheryl in KY said:

I purchased the Glycolic kit a couple of months ago and I am VERY happy with it especially for the price!!! I've used the Glycolic Grommage for a couple of years. It's my favorite mask.

I use the Glycolic line as well and that TSV was out of this world, I use everything in it. The Gommage is the best mask. Just got the latest auto-delivery shipment and the free "Plus" gift is the full size Mel-C! Just tried it yesterday and today for the first time and am really liking that cream! After you massage the melon capsules in it just sinks right in and makes the skin so silky, yet you don't feel any product left on the skin. Does anybody use the Mel-C?

There was also a sample of the Pure-Pep but I have no idea what to use this for or when?

Wondering about the Replicate & Renew with plant stem cells and how that compares to Skinn Stem Rejen? Hmmmm.

OP, I have the C line and use it intermittently. The C-Power is nice and so is the serum and moisturizer and eye gel...don't think I have enough issues to comment on effectiveness but I just hope it's preventing age spots and lightening old acne scars. Personally, I did not like the C-cleanser, it left a film on my skin. Much prefer the glycolic cleanser.

I'm also interested in the A-line since I am about to run out of my PTR Retinol PM. I contacted SSC CS and they said their serum has 3.50% retinol and 2.16% palmitate!!? What?! That's way more than the PTR, just not sure if I believe them? If that's the case then I my very well switch.

Honored Contributor

I used to use the C Line. LOVED the cleanser and the night cream but the rest of the line irritated my skin.

Super Contributor

You can check out some reviews of SSC products at this well-respected site:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/serious-skin-care?sort=product&d...

If you are interested in a Vit C product, many here use Paula's Choice, NCN or Mad Hippie. All have reasonable prices and are not clogged with excess ingredients.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 BetsyDoodle said:
On 4/5/2014 croemer said:

Did you see a difference right away or did it take some time?

I saw a difference right a way, was very impressed. I also love the C-serums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**