Esteemed Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care V-Sculpt

The only thing that bothers me with this, as I looked into the infra red a little bit in the past, is that you need some kind of eye protection. I know blue light really bothers my eyes. And I don't know what ill effects one might have long-term w/ the red.

@sandyluDo they say anything about wearing eye protection while using the device?

Valued Contributor

@Harpa What the directions say is NOT to look directly into the light or place the light on eyes or eyelids.

It also saysto palce the light on the area of the thyroid gland

I just do not go close to the eyes  and I just keep them closed. 

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

You can get that gadget on eBay for $35.

Search for "LED Neck Massager" in ebay's Health and Beauty section.

Amazon has them as well starting at $31.99!!!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan of any skincare gadget. Has any of you had a gadget that works? If so which one? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

You can get that gadget on eBay for $35.

Search for "LED Neck Massager" in ebay's Health and Beauty section.

Amazon has them as well starting at $31.99!!!

thank you

I cancelled Evine and ordered at the big A

Trusted Contributor

SSC's gadgets are all made in China so it is easy to find the same on the A. When they first introduced the microneedle, I purchased the exact kit from Amazon. I use it once or twice a week. I'm tempted by the V-Sculpt, but I think I'll buy that on A also. Curious about the Cryo though. Debating ... I sure don't need anything. I'm stocked with Skinn, Isomers, Active Argan and others I need to use up first. But that really looks different. Unfortunately, I'm thinking if I buy it and it works, then what happens if I stop, everything collapes. I think I'm a pass.

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

I'm not a fan of any skincare gadget. Has any of you had a gadget that works? If so which one? 

I picked up two gadgets on Prime day and they seem to work. I got one of those ionic scraper spatulas, and it really does get actual guck out of my pores on the positive setting. I wash my face and then follow up with the spatula using just water. The water vapor happens--everything as advertised.

I also got an ionic thingy that uses a negative ionic charge to increase product penetration. I can layer my serums much faster using it. They sink in very fast. It is doing something, I'm just not sure what.

Also, the concept of iontophoresis has been around since at least the 90s. I remember seeing these really expensive patches being sold that were intended to increase product penetration using iontophoresis. I love the idea of accomplishing something similar in an easy way. Both of my gadgets say they only work if you have your hand touching a certain metal strip on them. Not sure exactly how it works.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I checked out the product description and at least it doesn’t claim to do anything but help your products absorb better. It’s just a gadget that makes you think you’re doing something beneficial but I don’t need my face heated. It’s already red as it is. 

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

I picked up two gadgets on Prime day and they seem to work. I got one of those ionic scraper spatulas, and it really does get actual guck out of my pores on the positive setting. I wash my face and then follow up with the spatula using just water. The water vapor happens--everything as advertised.

I also got an ionic thingy that uses a negative ionic charge to increase product penetration. I can layer my serums much faster using it. They sink in very fast. It is doing something, I'm just not sure what.

Also, the concept of iontophoresis has been around since at least the 90s. I remember seeing these really expensive patches being sold that were intended to increase product penetration using iontophoresis. I love the idea of accomplishing something similar in an easy way. Both of my gadgets say they only work if you have your hand touching a certain metal strip on them. Not sure exactly how it works.

Oh thank you for the info! 

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello!

I am wondering how does the SSC device compare to these other ones....I was listening to the presentations and they kept referring to the wavelength on their device - I look at the similar models on amazon and ebay and have a hard time finding that information. I am new to this device and was interested, but still trying to compare them. Thank you for any help that can be given to me! I appreciate it! <3