Honored Contributor

Serious Skin Care Pure Pep Pads

I bought these kind of on a whim in the spring.  I've been relatively faithful with them and like them as part of my evening routine.  The pads are big so you can cut them and still have plenty for your face with just half the pad.  Or, use the full size pad and go down your neck, deck, back of hands, etc.  

Anyway, they are on ShopHQ right now - 2 jars of 60 pads per jar, and available on subscription, for $29.99.  Great deal!  The price goes away at 11:00 Eastern or if they sell out.  

Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care Pure Pep Pads

Thanks for posting your experience with the Pure-pep pads. I was considering purchasing and from your post, I’m convinced now to give them a try. Definitely a good price for a two pack!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, JLF, me too!! I was on the fence, you helped push me. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I bought these kind of on a whim in the spring.  I've been relatively faithful with them and like them as part of my evening routine.  The pads are big so you can cut them and still have plenty for your face with just half the pad.  Or, use the full size pad and go down your neck, deck, back of hands, etc.  

Anyway, they are on ShopHQ right now - 2 jars of 60 pads per jar, and available on subscription, for $29.99.  Great deal!  The price goes away at 11:00 Eastern or if they sell out.  

@JeanLouiseFinch Why do you like them?  Have you replaced the Skinn Pep40 products with these?  I am using Isomers peptide product, but am always on the hunt for a better value.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Why do you like them?  Have you replaced the Skinn Pep40 products with these?  I am using Isomers peptide product, but am always on the hunt for a better value.

@Linmo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@LinmoI am currently taking a break from the Skinn Pep40 and trying to figure out what I want to do going forward.  I've been a fan of the serum and creme riche since their launch but am trying to find products that are a little less expensive but still effective.  My problem is that there are too many things I like but don't need all of them.  That being said, I'm trying to take a good look at my AM and PM routines and trying to decide what I really need and elimiate what I really don't need.  Unfortunately, that means I could end up eliminating things I do like.  I like the convenience of a pad, the ease of portability, and I like the size of this particular pad.  Truth be told, I don't know the percentage of peptide in the pads so I'm still using a peptide serum too (Mizon Peptide 500 - has 45% peptides which is more than Skinn, but likely not the award winning ingredients that Skinn has).  It may or may not be overkill.  I've only very recently stared my trial of this serum but I have used other Mizon ampoules in the past so I like the brand. The SCC Pure Pep feels like nothing going on - no stinging or anything like that.  My facial skin has a nice clarity and firmness.  I've recently adopted the keto way of eating and am losing weight.  The last thing I want is loose, sagging skin.  My DH says my face is thinner but my skin is not saggy.. Again, I don’t know if I can attribute that to external skincare or the collagen peptides I’m consuming, but I definitely have my bases covered. 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Hi......are you using any other products from SSC? If so, are they effective?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Hi......are you using any other products from SSC? If so, are they effective?

Thanks

Nothing except the SuperMelC moisturizer.  

Honored Contributor

There is only one peptide in the Pure Pep Fading Fluid Pads. Pentapeptide-21. It's for skin lightening. Nothing in there for collagen or firming.

Mizon Peptide 500 is almost all copper peptide. That's for clearing old collagen and remodeling.

While these seem to be good products for gentle lightening and for the whole copper remodeling thing, I wouldn't replace my regular anti-aging peptides with them. I go for mostly collagen creation peptides like Matrixyl.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

There is only one peptide in the Pure Pep Fading Fluid Pads. Pentapeptide-21. It's for skin lightening. Nothing in there for collagen or firming.

Mizon Peptide 500 is almost all copper peptide. That's for clearing old collagen and remodeling.

While these seem to be good products for gentle lightening and for the whole copper remodeling thing, I wouldn't replace my regular anti-aging peptides with them. I go for mostly collagen creation peptides like Matrixyl.

Thanks for that analysis, @Porcelain .  I think this means I’ll be sticking with my Skinn Pep40 after all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will just add my 2 cents here for what it is worth

Been using SSC and trying their products for 24 years now. I have gotten to be very particular about ingredients, and carefully check their decks before ordering. Their products are reasonable, but some contain ingredients I think are sub par and do not wish to put them on my skin such as mineral oil, pertoleum, parabens, they still uses these in some of their items. On the other hand, those that pass my ingredient test will receive high marks from me.