Super Contributor

Re: Sephora's Rouge, VIB & Insider Sale dates.

[ Edited ]

@Kabella @Lipstickdiva 

The ViB sale started today so I placed my Sephora order for the large Lavanila grapefruit and added the rollerball of Vanilla Coconut to get free shipping 😁 Years ago I tried the original vanilla which was nice, but not quite my favorite. The vanilla passionfruit sounds delicious! Too bad it’s discontinued. Thanks, I will sample the 7 virtues in the store, I have heard about them and that they are all natural but haven’t tried them yet. For some reason the lavanila grapefruit perfume is only available online so I hope I like it 😁

Esteemed Contributor

So yesterday I went to Sephora to get my Clinique Pep Start SPF 50 sunscreen and Sephora is selling a 3 piece travel kit called Sun Saviours which is a dollar more than the sunscreen by itself. It was located where all the travel size items by the checkout line is and not in the Clinique skincare section of the store. it has the 1oz sunscreen, and a 1 oz moisture surge face spray and a half oz cream in a jar. I bought my daughter a set too and if she doesn't like the sunscreen I'll keep it. I also gave her my moisturizer jar sample and decanted the spray facial mist as I want to use the small 1oz spray bottle to put in some Clinique sunscreen spray for travel which is what I did with another old sample bottle that I had.

I'm going back to Sephora today later on with my daughter as she wants to get some stuff there and I'll probably get the Clinique foundation I mentioned upthread then.

Honored Contributor

So I’m a VIB and didn’t get to shop first. Several products I wanted were sold out by the time I got to shop, but guess what I got this morning, emails stating the products were back in stock! The sale is over I don’t think it’s a coincidence that lo and behold Sephora was able to get more stock of the products. I’m not buying them now.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

The very same thing happened to me.  I am also a long time VIB and for the first time in years, I didn't purchase anything during their spring sale.  I have so much in my stash and didn't want to purchase anything that I wasn't going to really use.  So, I decided to to stock up on my favorities, but, they were all sold out as of yesterday.  However, lo and behold, they are back in stock today.  I couldn't believe it.

Respected Contributor

I noticed this too!  Wanted a hot new item and it was "out of stock", except it didn't display that the normal way, and I felt they didn't want it sold at discount.

Honored Contributor

@Msgdfx wrote:

@Jordan2 

The very same thing happened to me.  I am also a long time VIB and for the first time in years, I didn't purchase anything during their spring sale.  I have so much in my stash and didn't want to purchase anything that I wasn't going to really use.  So, I decided to to stock up on my favorities, but, they were all sold out as of yesterday.  However, lo and behold, they are back in stock today.  I couldn't believe it.

@Msgdfx , I got 3 emails today alerting me products are back in stock. I just sent Sephora an email (I never do this) telling them I find it very suspicious that a product that was out of stock yesterday is in stock today, a day after the sale. I told them I will not be purchasing these products and don't feel they are being honest with their customers.

Frequent Contributor

@Jordan2 

This is a good idea.  I will do the same.  I think that it is very a very poor business practice.  Thankfully, they are not the only game in town in terms of Beauty. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sephora really wants to push their customers into buying more than what is necessary. So many youtubers do videos of what they are going to buy before the rouge members get a chance at the sales and all the youtubers I watch are Rouge at Sephora.

I'm a VIB (middle tier) too and the same thing happened last August with the out of stock items. My daughter wanted to buy the Tarte Maracuja concealer in light and it was sold out by the time we could use the discount and it didn't restock in the store for more than 2 months. She's moved on from Tarte since then and I only bought the 2 Clinique sunscreen kits that I mentioned earlier this time and didn't end up buying another Clinique foundation as I can buy it at Shoppers Drug Mart and use my loyalty points to get money off it so no rush for me to buy it.

I also have been beauty shopping from Winners the last couple of weeks and bought 2 different shades of Shiseido BB cream SPF 50, they were $15 at Winners and normally $48 CDN at Sephora or London Drugs. I will use these instead of Clinique foundation during the summer as they are lightweight liquids and not thick creams.

My daughter ended up only buying a Laura Mercier loose powder from the Sephora sale but that's it.

Of course Sephora wants me to know that I'm only $67 dollars away from being VIB for the next year. I'm not in a rush to spend my money there right now. They don't have the Tocca fragrance kit I bought in the U.S. in February at the Canadian stores - they never bothered to bring it into Canada - and they discontinued the Nest orange scented fragrance that they used to carry at Sephora stores too.

I see a lot of cosmetic brands show up at Winners and T.J. Maxx and Marshalls and a lot of them I suspect were originally sold at Sephora but were sent back to the vendors when they were either discontinued or close to their expiration dates.

Sephora's LVMH sister brand Kendo can't even give that awful Kat von D. junk away at Sephora, I've seen tons of that brand at Winners all of the time. Kat Von D is such a cancelled brand now, youtubers won't touch her brand for the most part and won't use her makeup in their get ready with me or makeup tutorials in their videos.

Honored Contributor

Update, I sent an email to Sephora yesterday telling them of my disappointment that some items I wanted were out of stock during the sale, but were in stock a day after the sale. Sephora replied to my email wanting to know which items I was talking about. Really to what end do they want to know this, to see if I am lying, they certainly won’t do anything for me. Even if at this point they offered me a coupon, I’m not willing to spend anymore money, I would not have purchased what I did if the items I really wanted were in stock. It just gives me satisfaction to voice my complaints.

Honored Contributor

I only bought 1 item with my Insider discount— NARS Summer Lights palette. A group of neutral shadows with highlighter/blush & bronzer. Generally I use bronzers as blushes in the warmer months,

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼