Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora has lost their minds

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter has to listen to me rant that 'supposedly' one (1) person caused this entire world to change their way of life (probably most forever) and not one single thing changed.

No one or country, etc was 'punished' for what happened.  As I understand it (and keep hearing) the place is still cranking out similar tests.

It's stuff like that that makes me very, very angry.  No one is responsible for themselves anymore.  No one is punished.

Everything in our lives still comes from China.  No changes at all.

@Annabellethecat66, what does this mean? And I don't get your whole post as to how it relates to Sephora.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

Good grief!  All of that just to sample a lipstick?  I'd walk out, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

I recently went into a Nordstrom Rack in White Plains NY.  I think they must be going out of business, as there wasn't much merchandise, all clearance items.  It was very depressing.  I went back to the shoe department and there was a big sign stating to not touch or try on the shoes...that was it for me and I walker out...

Esteemed Contributor

None of the stores are allowing customers to handle the testers for beauty products.  At this point it may be less hassle to just stick with tried and true and replenish with online orders.  This is what I've been doing for all of my beauty purchases for months. If you recall testers were removed from Sephora, Ulta and elsewhere (even the few testers at Walgreens were removed) in February before states began to shut things down.  

@Emmie1165  A lot of retail stores are really short on inventory.  Bear in mind manufacturing has been slowed down for months, but retailers warehouses were also forced to work with COVID rules (fewer people per shift, etc.).  As a result they simply cannot replenish the products in their stores as quickly as in the past.  Also, in the case of the discounters such as Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx and others, not only do they have to contend with their personal warehouse concerns, but the usual sources for procuring merchandise are more scarce than normal.  With not much coming into the regular price world, that is a primary procurement source which has been weakened for the discount chains.  Also, the buyers cannot get out and travel as they usually would to cut deals with manufacturing plants overseas thus taking more links out of the chain to the discount stores.  That's a most basic explanation, but you get the idea of the problem and it's an international retail problem.   

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter has to listen to me rant that 'supposedly' one (1) person caused this entire world to change their way of life (probably most forever) and not one single thing changed.

No one or country, etc was 'punished' for what happened.  As I understand it (and keep hearing) the place is still cranking out similar tests.

It's stuff like that that makes me very, very angry.  No one is responsible for themselves anymore.  No one is punished.

Everything in our lives still comes from China.  No changes at all.

@Annabellethecat66, what does this mean? And I don't get your whole post as to how it relates to Sephora.

I was wondering the same thing too @suzyQ3 .  Maybe she intended to post it in another thread.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

These are certainly crazy times!  Don't you feel like we're living in the twilight zone?!

Channeling Rod Serling........

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Contributor

I wonder why something like this was never done when the flu season was upon us....just a thought...

Esteemed Contributor

The whole story appears to especially considerate for the safety of their customers.

Felling the love from Sephora

Valued Contributor

@Suzanne53 wrote:

I wonder why something like this was never done when the flu season was upon us....just a thought...

This will only work if you know who Coach Jim Mora is and remember his infamous "playoffs?????!!!!" rant. 

Insert the word "flu" where "playoffs" appeared, and you have the perfect response.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

No it's not. we go out to dinner without wearing a mask.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning