Esteemed Contributor

Sephora birthday gifts

[ Edited ]

I've been trying to decide what to choose as my birthday gift next month. It's come down to Glow Recipe or Ouai. 

Has anyone tried Ouai products for hair? The set includes de-tox shampoo, leave in conditioner, mini body cleanser and travel size parfume, floral scents.  Would like to know if it's worthwhile? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sephora birthday gifts

[ Edited ]

I have used Ouai's leave-in conditioner and love it!  My daughter had it when last I visited NY and I purchased it upon my return home.  I have fine hair and it just works incredibly, heat protectant as well!  Smells like lemongrass - just love it!

Also, my daughter purchased their fragrance which was a pairing to the lemongrass fragrance which she liked in their hand wash/hand cream duo and although she likes it, it is not quite the same as the wash and cream.  I mention just as a reference to the fragrances offered within the gift.

The Ouai gift collection would definitely be my choice.  Glow Recipe skincare doesn't interest me.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw    Skincare gifts/samples arent enough to really be able to see if they'd work for you or if you like it. Sometimes hair products have silicones or sulfates.

I always choose fragrances if available.

Respected Contributor

I picked mine up last week and picked Ouai in store. I haven't tried it yet. Sephora gives great gifts as opposed to Ulta.

I would have picked the Dior perfumes but they sold out a long time ago. 

Super Contributor
Where are my Sephora gifts? My birthday is next week. I just ordered 3 expensive items from Sephora. Received a couple of days ago. I thought they included free samples. I got diddly, nothing l. Probably won’t order from them again, at those prices.
Respected Contributor

@catwoman48 

Did you add the gift to your cart at checkout?

Call CS 

Honored Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
Where are my Sephora gifts? My birthday is next week. I just ordered 3 expensive items from Sephora. Received a couple of days ago. I thought they included free samples. I got diddly, nothing l. Probably won’t order from them again, at those prices.

@catwoman48 I got an E-mail reminding me, but you still have to either ask in-store or add it to your order online.  Same for free samples online although they'll usually offer them at checkout in-store but only a couple to choose from there.  I think they are still available for a couple of weeks after your birthday, so check the Sephora site to see if they're there.  Of course, you'll have to make a purchase to redeem them. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I've been trying to decide what to choose as my birthday gift next month. It's come down to Glow Recipe or Ouai. 

Has anyone tried Ouai products for hair? The set includes de-tox shampoo, leave in conditioner, mini body cleanser and travel size parfume, floral scents.  Would like to know if it's worthwhile? 

I got the Ouai although I haven't tried it yet.  No interest in perfume since I don't wear perfume anymore.  Probably would've done just as well adding to my points. 

Honored Contributor

@catwoman48 

Did you check prices elsewhere for the items you purchased at Sephora?  Unless another retailer was having a sale, the Sephora prices will be the same as other retailers.  And it's up to you to choose your two free samples.  If you're not used to the website, that option could be easily overlooked.

Super Contributor
I recall having the option to choose free samples with previous Sephora orders, but I don’t think I had the option this time. Surely I would have noticed? The items I ordered were purchased during the sale on the Sephora website, so I probably got the best prices. However, they were still expensive!