Esteemed Contributor

I finally got around to visiting a Sephora branch inside a Kohl's store.  Sephora was set up like a separate entity to the first floor of Kohl's.  They had their own sales associates and registers.  The entrance was the only opening, as there were walls built around the rear and sides.  I felt like I was in a real Sephora store.  The walls also provided the benefit of not having other Kohl's shoppers using the aisles of Sephora as shortcuts for moving around the Kohl's main floor.  The one I was in had many of the brands you find in most Sephora stores, so it felt like the complete Sephora shopping experience.  One thing to keep in mind is that if you do return something it has to go back to a Sephora at Kohl's location.  Overall I was very satisfied.  

I was so comfortable in the store that I bought several things.  Fresh Rose Mask, Urban Decay Dewy Grip Primer, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer (I've used both UD items before), Nars Soft Matte Concealer, Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Concealer (both concealers are for high coverage, but they feel different.  My plan is to only keep one, but I'm not averse to using different concealers to get whatever coverage is needed on a specific day.  My last item is I bit the bullet and purchased Juliet Has a Gun Not a Perfume. It smells wonderful.  Feminine and pretty.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trix Wheee! Sounds like quite a haul!! Have fun with all your new goodies.

Trusted Contributor

@Trix I am impressed at my Sephora at Kohls too.  It's extra nice that it's in my town.  Since there's no Sephora close to me, it's great to have one that I can go to and see products in person, especially color cosmetics or fragrances.  There's a Sephora in JCP a few towns away but they didn't have as wide a selection as Kohls.

Good luck with your concealers.  I have a bunch of different concealers and use different ones all the time depending on what foundation I'm using or how my skin is looking that day.  I've been curious about that fragrance, hopefully I'll remember to test it the next time I'm at Kohls!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a great haul and great experience.  Our Kohls doesn't have a Sephora inside. Not sure if there is even a plan for one to be built.  We have a very high theft rate at our store so I wonder if that's why we didn't get a Sephora.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if they take Sephora gift cards? 

Super Contributor

I was returning an Amazon purchase at my nearest Kohl's & was very impressed with the Sephora setup. It felt like the real store!  They carry lots of brands for being an offshoot location. I think it's a great move for them, less rent & more exposure. I'm happy they're somewhat local now.

Sounds like a great haul @Trix !  I totally agree regarding different concelaler formulas.  Let us know how you like them!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Ours just opened, but I haven't been to it yet! Our Kohl's is next door to Ulta, so that should be itneresting! Nice to know all of the details! You got some nice products too it sounds like.

Esteemed Contributor

Just to report back, the Nars concealer is AWESOME!  To wear test the product, I wore it sans any eye cream or primer and it held up and my eyes did not look dry and crinkly at the end of the day.  The following day I wore it with the usual prep of eye cream and under-eye primer and it was spectacular!  I haven't tried the Makeup Forever concealer yet.  Will wear that one today and tomorrow.  

I must say that Juliette is impressive as well. After applying around noon yesterday, when I undressed after 11 pm Juliette had left her mark on my clothing, and I woke up this morning with a lingering hint of her on my body (but I slept in the bra and panties I had been wearing, so that may explain it). Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Trix  - I recently purchased the Juliette Has a Gun discovery set on Ebay.   I never knew there were so many different scents.  I just tried the Not a Parfum scent and will be trying a different one each day.  Glad you like yours.

Juliette Has A Gun Discovery Set + NOT A PERFUME

Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Trix  - I recently purchased the Juliette Has a Gun discovery set on Ebay.   I never knew there were so many different scents.  I just tried the Not a Parfum scent and will be trying a different one each day.  Glad you like yours.

Juliette Has A Gun Discovery Set + NOT A PERFUME

@San Antonio Gal  what a nice set! Enjoy 😊  I've gotta check EBay for beauty things!

Just what I need another place to shop LOL.  I want to try Juliette, perhaps Sephora will have samples.