Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora & Ulta sales - what are you buying?

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Did anyone get a 20% prestige email from Ulta today?  I was hoping they would do that to compete with Sephora's 10% off sale this weekend (I'm only a Beauty Insider level).  Smiley Happy

I bought a travel size IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser, an IT Cosmetics Brush and Mini Brush Bath duo, and a Benefit kit, which was the reason I went into the store.  The IT Cosmetics items were impulse purchases.  

I really enjoy Benefit's kits.  They often put together a nice try me type of kit for not too much money and it's a nice way for me to try some things that I've been curious about.  This kit is called Operation: Pore-Proof and it contains Dr. Feelgood, 3 Porefessional items, and a Shy Beam.  I hope I like them all!

Did anyone else make any purchases or are planning to?  

@Stargazer77  Oh yes....the dreaded discount coupon email. What a great excuse to refill the cabinets w/ backups that I just cleared out last year. I did have a honest list going this time. I’ll get the more expensive hair care items, Bobbi Brown foundation stick at Sephora, ULTA has my mousse & Kenra hairspray. Neither store carries my skincare, but there was a discount at the site I frequent online. I’ll purchase several Mally “Sailor” (navy) liners and maybe my MAC lipliner. (I think ULTA just started carrying MAC). I’m pretty well stocked w/ everything else since it seems, every chance I get, I’m cutting back on my makeup & going more natural...spending more time on skincare. 

Honored Contributor

I'm getting the drybar volumizer that was recommended here. I've got a 15% off sephora card, so I will probably order something else too.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking of getting a full size Tocca Stella eau de parfum spray. It's had a recent price increase in Canada and I wouldn't be surprised that this increase was in anticipation of the Sephora beauty insider promotion.

I was in Sephora yesterday and also looked at the new Sephora tube of foundation with SPF 25 as it's marketed in Canada without SPF even though it does have sunscreen in it as the tube's label has a pasted on sticker covering the SPF 25 information. I haven't tried this yet to see if I will like it or not so I need to swatch this first. I am a beauty insider this year since I purposely chose not to maintain my VIB status last year.

Honored Contributor

The Dyson Blowdryer? Nah. It’d have to be a 75% off coupon for a $400 dryer.

Valued Contributor

When I get the 20% off coupon from Ulta, I always restock my liter container of Pureology Hydrate conditioner.  It's normally $68 for a litre which is still much cheaper per ounce than the 8 oz. bottle, but I have a hard time paying full price.  I've been using Pureology Hydrate for probably 10 years.  I try other conditoners from time-to-time but always go back to the Pureology.  It's just the perfect conditoner for my hair and leaves my hair soft and shiny and tangle-free.  Love it!

Trusted Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

When I get the 20% off coupon from Ulta, I always restock my liter container of Pureology Hydrate conditioner.  It's normally $68 for a litre which is still much cheaper per ounce than the 8 oz. bottle, but I have a hard time paying full price.  I've been using Pureology Hydrate for probably 10 years.  I try other conditoners from time-to-time but always go back to the Pureology.  It's just the perfect conditoner for my hair and leaves my hair soft and shiny and tangle-free.  Love it!

@sueeichI get my haircut at Ulta and my girl recommended the Pureology line.  It was too expensive for me.  Is it all THAT good??

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I bought the Nars Narissist cheek palette and the new Dolce Garden fragrance when the Sephora rouge dates went up. Tomorrow we can also purchase again at 15% and I'm planning on buying the new Kat Von D eyebrow pencil and brow pomade that are being released tomorrow. 

@jaxs mom wrote:

I bought the Nars Narissist cheek palette and the new Dolce Garden fragrance when the Sephora rouge dates went up. Tomorrow we can also purchase again at 15% and I'm planning on buying the new Kat Von D eyebrow pencil and brow pomade that are being released tomorrow. 

@jaxs momHow do you like the new Dolce Garden?  I didn't know they had a new fragrance out.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky Dolce Garden is beautiful. It's sexy but feminine. It has a base note than reminds me of musk some, due to the combination of almond milk accord, coconut, vanilla and sandalwood but with a floral and citrus top notes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

@sueeichI get my haircut at Ulta and my girl recommended the Pureology line.  It was too expensive for me.  Is it all THAT good??

Yes!  But I just use the Pureology Hydrate conditioner.  I find I can use almost any shampoo as long as it's gentle.  But the Hydrate conditoner is absolutely wonderful!  I have tried many other conditoners over the years and I've found nothing that can rival the Hydrate.  

Honored Contributor

I bought some IT items.  I tried a few IT products thru a Q tsv -- only 1-2 items I liked so no reason to do AD.

I also bought accessories.  Nice savings of $27!