Trusted Contributor

Sephora & Ulta sales - what are you buying?

Did anyone get a 20% prestige email from Ulta today?  I was hoping they would do that to compete with Sephora's 10% off sale this weekend (I'm only a Beauty Insider level).  Smiley Happy

I bought a travel size IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser, an IT Cosmetics Brush and Mini Brush Bath duo, and a Benefit kit, which was the reason I went into the store.  The IT Cosmetics items were impulse purchases.  

I really enjoy Benefit's kits.  They often put together a nice try me type of kit for not too much money and it's a nice way for me to try some things that I've been curious about.  This kit is called Operation: Pore-Proof and it contains Dr. Feelgood, 3 Porefessional items, and a Shy Beam.  I hope I like them all!

Did anyone else make any purchases or are planning to?  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sephora & Ulta sales - what are you buying?

@Stargazer77

I too had that 10% email from Sephora and the 20% email from Ulta, so of course I went with the 20%, lol.  I used it to restock my Benefit Dandelion blush and managed to leave without buying anything else. (Although I did linger a bit by the Laura Geller lipsticks.) I'm really proud of myself! 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I bought the Nars Narissist cheek palette and the new Dolce Garden fragrance when the Sephora rouge dates went up. Tomorrow we can also purchase again at 15% and I'm planning on buying the new Kat Von D eyebrow pencil and brow pomade that are being released tomorrow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags  Dandelion is pretty.  I have that in a very small size that I got with a purchase one time.  I like it and wear it more than I thought I would.  I thought it would be too light for me, even though my skin is fair, but it's very pretty.  Did you see the blush bunch kit they have with all the little individual blushes?  That's the size of my dandelion blush.  I also like that blush kit, but resisted the temptation.  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@shoesnbags  Dandelion is pretty.  I have that in a very small size that I got with a purchase one time.  I like it and wear it more than I thought I would.  I thought it would be too light for me, even though my skin is fair, but it's very pretty.  Did you see the blush bunch kit they have with all the little individual blushes?  That's the size of my dandelion blush.  I also like that blush kit, but resisted the temptation.  Smiley LOL

@Stargazer77

Yes, I saw the small sized dandelion blushes, and thought that they're perfect for travel. The one with several blushes looks cute, too, and a great way to sample different shades. But I already know that Dandelion is the perfect shade for me. I'm very pale, and it gives me just the hint of color I need. My current box isn't used up quite yet, but the 20% off made this the right time to restock. Last time Ulta had 20% off, I stocked up on LG Balance n Brighten. Love those sales!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom That Nars palette is very pretty!  Enjoy it!

That Kat Von D brow pencil looks nice.  Good timing with the release and the sale!

Honored Contributor

I used my 20% off Ulta coupon & bought the newish Smashbox Covershot Punked palette & the Lancôme Energie de Vie Mask Trio set.

Tomorrow will use my 15% off VIB Sephora coupon & get the Lancôme Drama Liqui Pencil In Lamé shade, the Lancôme Bi-Facil Instant Makeup Remover Duo, the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm & double check the correct liquid NARS Sheer Glow Foundation  (Ceylan was the sample I had tried).

I’m going to compare the Lancôme Lamé shade to see if it’s close in color to the Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy eyeshadow. I find that Urban Decay has the same color across various items— so it might be the same shade. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I am shopping & unshopping my cart.

I have $137 in rewards to use, so I can get something pretty.....

Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags I love those sales, too!  I've been waiting a while for a 20% off coupon so I could buy my Benefit kit.  It's been out a couple months now and it's not even online anymore.  I said to my sister this morning that I hoped to find one in the store, even if it was covered in a little dust.  Smiley LOL  Lucky for me, they had 7 left.  Yes, I counted.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1  That's a lot in rewards!  Post back if you have a haul!  Smiley Very Happy

@JustJazzmom  That Smashbox palette is a nice mix of shimmers and mattes.  Very versatile.