Valued Contributor

Re: Sephora' VIB Started Today-- Whatcha Get?

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

I picked up the Rare Beauty cream blush in very berry, Sunday Riley Good genes serum that I have wanted to try and I bought NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Dolce Vita. The lip pencil is a replacement. I also took advantage of the 30% off and picked up a Sephora collection powder brush.

I tried the Rare Beauty very berry blush on my wrist and it's a beautiful color. I didnt buy becuase I have about a dozen blushes. It sure is a pretty shade, though. Enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

Pat McGrath Dark Star Mascara

Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler

I am trying Sephora's skin care line. For less than $60, I can try their brand and compare to the prestige brands that I usually buy. Most of their skin care products have good reviews to I'll give them a go. 

Sephora Firming Sleeping Cream

Sephora Firming Eye Cream

Sephora All Day Hydrator Moisturizer

Sephora Brightening Eye Cream

Sephora Nourishing Moisturizer with Prebiotics. 

@Starliteshine - let us know what you think once you've had a chance to try their skin care products for a while.  I'd really love to hear your reviews!

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

Pat McGrath Dark Star Mascara

Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler

I am trying Sephora's skin care line. For less than $60, I can try their brand and compare to the prestige brands that I usually buy. Most of their skin care products have good reviews to I'll give them a go. 

Sephora Firming Sleeping Cream

Sephora Firming Eye Cream

Sephora All Day Hydrator Moisturizer

Sephora Brightening Eye Cream

Sephora Nourishing Moisturizer with Prebiotics. 

@Starliteshine , one of my purchases was the All Day Hydrator too.  It will be the first time I'm trying it.  I have used their cleansing balm in the past and have been very happy.  The only reason I switched was because The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm is usually a better deal but not during a 30% off Sephora brand sale.

I've not disliked any Sephora brand products I've purchased, including brushes.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

But most don't offer 20% AND free shipping unless you can find a coupon and then sometimes both offers can't be combined.

Honored Contributor

Well in the car, down the street, over the freeway I went to Sephora today.  I went to get my sister two Sephora eyeliner pencils because I think she'd like them and find them easy to use.  She's not a makeup person but wants to try some new things and I thought these would be a good starting place for her.  Got her shimmer taupe and shimmer bronze.  She has green/hazel eyes. We're having brunch tomorrow so told her I have a surprise for her.  She can pick one or both or if she doesn't like/want them, then I can certainly use them.

Was determined that the eyeliner pencils were the only things I was going to get.  Yeah, that didn't work.  Also got the Hourglass mini translucent setting powder and a mini Natasha Denona Biba palette.  Been looking at that palette for a while now.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Some people never learn (g) but you're a good sister!  Going into Sephora for one item is like trying to eat just one Lays potato chip.  I got a beautiful Colourpop 9 pan e/s palette in the mail today.  Can't wait to wear it!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Some people never learn (g) but you're a good sister!  Going into Sephora for one item is like trying to eat just one Lays potato chip.  I got a beautiful Colourpop 9 pan e/s palette in the mail today.  Can't wait to wear it!

@monicakm - love the Lays potato chip comparison.  At first I didn't see the Natasha Denona Biba palette but saw other minis and thought oh well, they don't have it so that must be sign.  Then I saw another ND display and there is was, waiting for me, calling out to me, so I figured it was meant to be!  HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

You can't ignore a "sign"!  I couldn't remember what that palette looked like so I Googled it.  The looks I saw made with this palette were beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

You can't ignore a "sign"!  I couldn't remember what that palette looked like so I Googled it.  The looks I saw made with this palette were beautiful!

I liked that it was a mini Biba because think I'll use all the colors and its not overwhelming like larger palettes can sometimes feel to me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered anything but have a few items in my cart.  I'm curious to know if any of you have tried Sephora's brand of anything?  If so, please tell!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.