Valued Contributor

Just made a purchase through Sephora-the fall discount can used by Rouges this weekend. At checkout, I was only offered two samples. Went to the community boards on Sephora and there were messages it began this week. It is possible they are doing it only for the sale but rumor is (one poster said a Sephora employee told her it is the new norm) they will now only be offering two samples on orders. If so think this is my last straw with Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sephora-Two samples only

@segrl21 wrote:

Just made a purchase through Sephora-the fall discount can used by Rouges this weekend. At checkout, I was only offered two samples. Went to the community boards on Sephora and there were messages it began this week. It is possible they are doing it only for the sale but rumor is (one poster said a Sephora employee told her it is the new norm) they will now only be offering two samples on orders. If so think this is my last straw with Sephora.

I haven't ordered from Sephora for so long- Probably 2 years this Thanksgiving. 

My local JCP Sephora (limited but more convenient for me) throw hands full of samples in with your purchase.  Really nice people working in this particular store.  Sorry to hear they are doing this.  

Stores are facing so much competition, not quite sure why they are responding like this.  I'm no retail expert (but I am a perfect consumer!).  I'd think it would be more beneficial if they changed to add samples and improve service vs. take them away.  As they say...Doesn't take a genius....

Honored Contributor

I never, ever get the samples I choose anyway. So if they want to give me only 2 samples of something I'm not interested in, then they can knock themselves out. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The samples mean nothing to me.  Those few drops of product wrapped in foil are not something I want.  I can't stand perfume and don't use them.  Often the few items I chose ended up as perfume samples because they ran out and those just go in the garbage!  I rarely pick any samples so doesn't bother me a bit!!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I never, ever get the samples I choose anyway. So if they want to give me only 2 samples of something I'm not interested in, then they can knock themselves out. 

This.  I do like the samples, that's how I found my current favorite shampoo and conditioner (Verb Ghost), in a Sephora sample packet.  But I placed an order Friday and one of the two samples I chose is a mini MUF Rose Wood lipstick and I know I won't get it, I'll get some fragrance or foundation I don't want instead.