Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora Trip/Dior Eyeshadow

@JudyL   Uh oh! Sorry, but not sorry...quality shadows are worth the money, especially smaller palettes. the Stone Cold Fox and ND Glam palettes are in the second drawer gathering dust...I forget to take them out.

Here's another issue I have: If I use a huge palette and 3-4 shades on the eyes, I need to keep my finger on the shade I'm using so I use the same one again...difficult with so many (12-16) and some look almost the same. Does that ever happen to you?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - yes re large shadow palettes.  I sometimes lose track of which ones I used last time for a look that I liked and then get frustrated because I can't recreate it.  Since I did a de-clutter of eyeshadow palettes a couple weeks ago, I told myself if I buy any new eyeshadow palettes then I have to be willing to get rid of one or two that I already have.  So had to take a new look at my collection before purchasing these Dior palettes to see if there were any I was willing to put in the donate box.  Obviously I did and wasn't Nordstrom & Sephora glad!  HAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   To add insult to injury, Lancome has beautiful 5 shadow palettes, as well....usually about $50.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL   To add insult to injury, Lancome has beautiful 5 shadow palettes, as well....usually about $50.

@Shanus - I am done for a while - of course, I've said that before and well, we all know how that worked out.....HAHAHAHAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  - glad to hear about your recent Dior purchase.  It's been many years since I had any Dior shadow.  Would love to add a palette to my collection.  I bet the quality is so lux as you said.  

Btw - I really enjoy reading your posts here on the beauty forum.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JudyL  - glad to hear about your recent Dior purchase.  It's been many years since I had any Dior shadow.  Would love to add a palette to my collection.  I bet the quality is so lux as you said.  

Btw - I really enjoy reading your posts here on the beauty forum.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal - thank you for the kind comment.  This is my first time buying what I consider luxury makeup.  Won't be able to make a habit of it, but it's fun treating myself and having it in my collection. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Not @JudyL but it's happened to me before.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Those Lancome pallets used to be my favorite.  I might sneak a look at the latest offerings but I won't buy any, maybe 🤔

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

After looking at things online, during my lunch hour yesterday I went to Sephora. Picked up The Ordinary Lactic Acid and wanted to look at the Urban Decay eye pencil @Shanus had mentioned - Bourbon.  Online it looked and from the description it seemed that I would like it much better than the Whiskey pencil I used to have.  I also had to take another look at the Dior eyeshadow palettes that I've been thinking about.  The two I liked the best were "N*de Dress" and "TuTu."  

Well I walked out with the Lactic Acid from The Ordinary, the eye pencil in Bourbon from Urban Decay and I gave in and bought the Dior eyeshadow palette in "N*de Dress." 

This morning I tried the eye shadow palette's top 3 shades and the dark brown matte and then lined my eyes with the Bourbon eye pencil on the bottom lashes and in my waterline.  At first I wasn't so sure how it would look but when I was done, I Ioved it.  The shadows were such great quality, blended well, no fallout.  Just what you would expect from a high end brand.  On my mature hooded, wrinkly, crepey eyelids, the shadows looked so nice.  It was a pricey purchase but I'm glad I did it.  I'll use this palette quite a bit.

Thank you @Shanus for mentioning the eye pencil and the shadow!

Hi @JudyL      ,  I just looked at the Dior Eyeshadow Palette in N*de Dress.   It looks really pretty.  But before I am tempted to purchase it, may I ask what your skin tone and eye color are?  If they are similar to mine, I might order it.   I have light/medium olive skin tone and brown eyes.   TIA    

EDITED:   @JudyL .. you have created a monster.  LOL.    I just ordered the palette from Nordstroms.  I was going to wait until I heard from you.   But since Nordies was having a 15% off sale I decided to go for it.   I know Nordies will accept returns so in the event I don't like it I will send it back.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JudyL  .......   where/how did you apply the top three shades and and dark brown matte shade?   TIA