Honored Contributor

After looking at things online, during my lunch hour yesterday I went to Sephora. Picked up The Ordinary Lactic Acid and wanted to look at the Urban Decay eye pencil @Shanus had mentioned - Bourbon.  Online it looked and from the description it seemed that I would like it much better than the Whiskey pencil I used to have.  I also had to take another look at the Dior eyeshadow palettes that I've been thinking about.  The two I liked the best were "N*de Dress" and "TuTu."  

Well I walked out with the Lactic Acid from The Ordinary, the eye pencil in Bourbon from Urban Decay and I gave in and bought the Dior eyeshadow palette in "N*de Dress." 

This morning I tried the eye shadow palette's top 3 shades and the dark brown matte and then lined my eyes with the Bourbon eye pencil on the bottom lashes and in my waterline.  At first I wasn't so sure how it would look but when I was done, I Ioved it.  The shadows were such great quality, blended well, no fallout.  Just what you would expect from a high end brand.  On my mature hooded, wrinkly, crepey eyelids, the shadows looked so nice.  It was a pricey purchase but I'm glad I did it.  I'll use this palette quite a bit.

Thank you @Shanus for mentioning the eye pencil and the shadow!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sephora Trip/Dior Eyeshadow

@JudyL, I could have sworn I had that same UD eye pencil. Went and checked my colors and I have Demolition, Double Life, and Whiskey....but maybe I need a little Bourbon in my life. LOL!

Enjoy your goodies and look "purty!"

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL , I checked out your Dior eyeshadow palette. The colors are pretty. I have similar colors in some of my palettes, though they're not Dior. 

I can imagine the pencils enhance the look. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@JudyL @Thanks! I will have to look into this!

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty!  Nordies is offering 15% off.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Very pretty!  Nordies is offering 15% off.

@Snowpuppy - Nordstrom has a lot more choices in palettes than Sephora which is hard to resist.  

Honored Contributor

I got a really nice Nars eyeshadow palette for a good price from Nordstrom Rack recently.

I need to go by Sephora and pick up some The Ordinary Niacinamide.  Ulta was out of it the other day when I was in there to pick up some BiFacil and a KVD gel eyeliner to try out.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   I'm so happy you took a look at the UD pencils and Dior palettes. I've started really liking the smaller selections of shadows that are expertly matched/co-ordinated. The same is true for the 4 pan Chanel palettes...my next purchases. 

It IS definitely difficult to talk myself into such a small palette for the price of a very large one, but when you use ALL the shadows, none left untouched in large ones, it's worth the price to me....no wasted shades.

I'll be in Nordstrom this week testing all the Chanel palettes and purchase a few for myself and a few for the office. Just think how these smaller palettes will lighten the bag I have to cart around to weddings, etc.

Enjoy your purchases.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the new limited edition Dior en Rouge in Pearlescent 659 Mirror Mirror  on Dior website. Price is $44.00 . Surprised at the price since the palettes are $62. It's only available on their website.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - think you have unleashed a monster - so to speak  LOL  This morning tried out a different combo of the shades in the Dior N*ude Dress palette.  So happy with how it turned out.  Then watched a few more YT tutorials on these particular Dior palettes - Michele Wang has a good one and a couple others - and took advantage of the Nordstrom sale.  Bought Soft Cashmere and Tutu.  Those two were the only other palettes that really caught my eye and I just couldn't decide so since they were on sale....

I can already see me reaching for these over some of my other palettes.  Such good quality and easy to blend and work with.  Thanks again, I think.  HAHAHA