Valued Contributor

Sephora Sold Me Expired Perricone.

I had a gift card to use there so bought the Ovm to try and bought online..Lucky for me i looked at the code when i got it and was surprised to see the 7 after the 2 letters(Means 2017) so i called Perricone and sure enough it expired in april.The gal did say there stuff can be good 2 months after expire date if unopened but not much more than that..Was this just a fluke or do they make a habit of selling expired inventory?!...Will have to go 40 min away to the nearest big Sephora to get this so i can look at batch code before i buy.....Buyer beware.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sephora Sold Me Expired Perricone.

[ Edited ]

I think it's probably a fluke .....  they can just send the expired stuff back for credit, no biggie.    They'll be happy to switch it.  

However, since it's a bit of a jaunt to get to the store, call them first, speak to the Manager, explain the problem, and be sure they have in stock what you want.   Tell them nothing like this has ever happened before ......   Maybe they'll give you a little something for your trouble.

Trusted Contributor

@MidNight did it say expiration or mfg.  Unless it has it clearly an expiration date like 4/5/2017, most likely you are seeing the manufacture date.  There are websites that you can enter the #'s and see. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry this happened to you.  I am surprised you were able to order from their website.  They have the worst site I have ever tried to navigate.  It took me 30 minutes to order two products.  If my local store would have had the items, I would have driven there and purchased.  It would have been faster.  I'm done with them.

Honored Contributor

That's odd. All my Perricone products have a clear expiration date on them; for example 07/2019  and not a code that someone would have to decipher. Hmmm....

In any event, you can simply return it for an exchange or refund. It' happens with all lines at all stores not just with Perricone.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you can call and have them ship you a new product.  Would save you a trip.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@MidNight did it say expiration or mfg.  Unless it has it clearly an expiration date like 4/5/2017, most likely you are seeing the manufacture date.  There are websites that you can enter the #'s and see. 

Like i said the perricone rep said it expired in april of this yr....I did check web sites and none of them have perricone.....The codes start with 2 letters then numbers and i checked the ones from the recent tsv i just got and it says HD93202 which the 9 means it expires in 2019.One of the letters represent the month.I know i got a Perricone night cream from ebay and it says expires in 2/2018 and also has the code EC80054 on the box.All my other stuff has codes.

Sounds like he sometimes uses expire dates and others times not which makes me wonder why?