Respected Contributor

Sephora Leaving JCP Stores

[ Edited ]

JCP is not renewing their leases for Sephora.  I'm somewhat disappointed since our JCP had one.

They will introduce their own Beauty area in place of Sephora, so I understand. 

Edited to add Sephora will be going into Kohls stores instead.  Not a store I frequent since it's always a big mess inside.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sephora Leaving JCP Stores

@kindred cats Sephora is fully established at our local Kohl's and takes up the center of the store. In fact, the sign at the entrance of the shopping center reads "Kohl's Sephora." 

Honored Contributor

Our Kohl's has the Sephora as well already. I haven't been there yet. Ulta is right next door!!! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats   I agree with you completely about Kohl's being messy.  The store nearest me was very  disheveled in several departments the couple of times I tried them.

The shoe department was an absolute nightmare!  When back-to-school shopping with my niece I couldn't find the correct sizes in the proper places and so I searched in vain for someone to help me.  I gave up and left.  Other than the cashiers, I was hard pressed to find anyone who worked there.

Honored Contributor

hmms, seems to be a pattern w/ Kohl's.

I was there once and never returned for the exact reasons you all listed.

Respected Contributor

It's painfully inconvenient to shop at Sephora in my city.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad. I always like the Sephora at our Penney's. It was much less chaotic and easier to browse. I also had better service there as well. Our Kohl's looks neglected and run down. 

Respected Contributor

I think each Kohl's is only as good as the store manager. Some seem focused on customer service and others just go through the motions. Some are a mess, while others are bright, clean and tidy. I don't think the availability of employees play into it, since the conditions of the ones by me haven't changed since the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

Offhand I can't think where's a JCP anywhere nearby.  Maybe Sephora backed out.  

Respected Contributor

Wow, Sephora sure didn't waste any time!