Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Thanks so much for the reply and information. I'm a cool tone and use light/medium beige foundation. I'm using Doll10 in the stick which is discontinued. I'm looking for a new foundation and have a Ulta and Sephora near me,so I'll give it a try. 
I haven't worn makeup since the pandemic began and now I'm ready to buy new. 
Any tips and tricks are appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I forgot to mention that I also have dry skin and moisturize as well as use Laura Geller Champagne primer. Do you think that NARS is moisturizing or dry. I've used stick makeup ( Wander Beauty which is too yellow and as I mentioned Doll 10 which is discontinued - light and perfect color because they're moisturizing. Thanks for your help 

Honored Contributor

@nrm 

I have never put the Nars foundation on without 2 milky essences, Glow Recipe PHA Watermelon Toner, snail snot, Tatcha Cream Gel and Hourglass primer.  So yeah, it's great on dry skin lol  If it's drying, my skin doesn't know it.  If you are thinking about getting it during the Sephora sale, you can always return it for free if it doesn't work for you.  I would say that my Shisedo Synchro Skin Radiant Lifting Foundation is more hydrating.  It's beautiful but has more coverage than Nars and is more radiant.

Trusted Contributor
@monicam
Thanks so much! I’ll look for Shisedo as well. Appreciate the info 😊
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I have a small Huda palette.  I think it's a 9 pan.  Nude Light.  Enjoy your all matte palette.  I think green has been gaining popularity for at least a couple of years (based on what I see on YT).

HUDA BEAUTY - Nude Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Nude Light

@monicakm - I also looked at this palette for a while also but decided on the all matte.  Not sure why I chose the all matte because I kind of like this one also.

@monicakm - Last night I went back to Sephora - online not in the store, too lazy to drive over there - and purchased the above eyeshadow palette, Charlotte Tillbury Setting Spray, Calliray H*ll or High Water mascara mini.  This mascara is a staple for me.  Then this morning I decided to order the Laura Mercier Ultra Blur Translucent powder mini and the Beauty Blender powder puff.  I seem to keep remembering things that I want to try....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Have you used the CT setting spray before now?  Oh wait, I bet it's glowy like everything else she makes.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

Have you used the CT setting spray before now?  Oh wait, I bet it's glowy like everything else she makes.

@monicakm - No it's a new purchase.  Got it in the mini to see if I like it.

Trusted Contributor
@monicakm
I've read many times that you love the Nars foundation. The Shisedo foundation sounds great. Why isn't it your favorite?
Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

Nars is a light Med foundation.  It's mostly my every day (that I go out) foundation.  It's beautiful!  I could easily wear it ALL the time.  I just like a little extra at times.  I also wear skin tints tho.  When I want an extra lux look, like when we went to see Patrick Mahomes on April 1, I wore my Lancome as its fuller coverage and offers a more perfect look.  The Shisedo is also a full coverage foundation with a little more glow.  They are both very lovely.  So I also have a Shisedo skin tint that is nice.  Different looks for different activities and how I want to look that day.  I dying to try a couple of Dior foundations (Face and Body and the Dior Forever ...more lux coverage) but I just can't justify it.  It's going to get to the point the foundations will start to go bad.  And I do not go by the date on the carton.  If it looks good, smells good, and applies as it should, It's good.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sephora Goodies

[ Edited ]

My goodies. I am a BI since I don't buy much from Sephora. All of these are new to me and I had gift cards from my credit card rewards.

7CE199D7-A638-443F-8BDB-8275CACBD431.png56B7532B-6B4D-42C9-AEC6-3A2469394BE0.png