Honored Contributor

I just received by email and took a Sephora survey.  It took me maybe 7 minutes to complete.  They are adding 50 points credit to my Insider account for taking the survery.  And....one of the questions asked me if I'd like to participate in focus groups in the future. It said participants are usually paid for their time with a $125 Sephora gift card.  I said I would like to.  Of course there was a statement that saying you would like to participate doesn't necessarily mean you'll ever be contacted to participate, which I don't ever expect to be.  It would be fun to do that though!  

Honored Contributor

I signed up for the Bobbi Brown focus group years ago and never heard a word.  I think the issue was age, they want the up and coming customer.  They forget the fact we older women often have much more money to spend on cosmetics than we did when we were kids. 

Respected Contributor

I would love to get a survey.  I had the worst service the other day.  I returned some makeup and the young girl looked at the 3 items and tried them out on her skin and said she didn't understand why I would be having issues because they obviously work on her skin.  

Honored Contributor

I did not even receive the email. Probably won't receive one either since I have not been buying as much from Sephora since they stopped letting us have their Friends & Family discount each year.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

I would love to get a survey.  I had the worst service the other day.  I returned some makeup and the young girl looked at the 3 items and tried them out on her skin and said she didn't understand why I would be having issues because they obviously work on her skin.  

@GSPgirl  There wasn't any place on the survey for comments.  It was all multiple choice questions dealing with frequency of use of products and whether I'd heard of products and where I shop.   You wouldn't have been able to leave a response about that anyway.   Maybe on a different survey some time......

If I were you I'd call the national CS number - maybe they'll send you a gift card by email.   Ulta has done that for me when I've had an issue at their stores.

Honored Contributor

Since I've only really made two small Sephora orders each year for the past 4 or 5 years, I highly doubt they care what I think! lol! Now several years ago when I used to make quite a number of purchases EVERY MONTH, they may have cared but those days are long gone. I'd have alot to say about how much Sephora has changed (and for the worse) if they'd ask me but they don't. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have quit doing ANY surveys for a few years now.  It's like opening the door to solicitors.  I think you invite a lot of spam and get your info. splashed around everywhere.  Not any more for me . . 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I signed up for the Bobbi Brown focus group years ago and never heard a word.  I think the issue was age, they want the up and coming customer.  They forget the fact we older women often have much more money to spend on cosmetics than we did when we were kids. 

@depglass  Exactly, and we need the help more than they do too!  Cat Tongue

Spoiler

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sephora Email Survey

[ Edited ]

Digital marketing advertisers are chasing down millenials when it comes to beauty products -- actually this is true for just about anything for sale -- and they are not interested in baby boomers. So the best way to get on a focus group is to lie about your age when filling out those kind of surveys.

oh, I just checked my email and also got one of those Sephora surveys so I'm going to lie about my age! Thanks for the heads up! Woman LOL