Trusted Contributor

I've always had to be choosy with my eyeshadow due to my sensitive eyes.  Up until recently, I have purchased my eyeshadow from a private vendor who made her own mineral shadows. She closed her shop about 8 months ago and I'm down to my last few swipes of color.

I would love to know which brands of eyeshadow you have found to be the best for your sensitive eyes.  Many thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sensitive Eyes Eyeshadow

That's a tough one to answer since I have one pallete from Clinque that I can wear all the colors but bought another pallete and I'm having problems with half of the colors.

I have a couple bare minerals but that's a problem too.

My eyes puff and get extremely red with certain colors/brands and it's been a trial and error for me.   

Would be nice what others say.

Regular Contributor

I have always considered myself to have sensitive eyes - years ago I used Almay powder eye shadows - now my first choice is Clinique - just purchased some from  QVC since they seem to have restocked them - individual colors and duo palette - was a free shipping day too, so it was just as if I had gone to the store, which would have been a mall - both major malls are 20 to 30 minutes away and have lost desire to drive to malls. You might want to try the Clinique - I have two palettes of Bare Escentuals but still use the Cliinique much more often. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

I have sensitive eyes and allergies and swear by Bobbi Brown eye shadow palletts. They go on smooth and don't tug on the eye. You can just swipe once and done. There is no flaking or fading. It's the only one I use.  

Honored Contributor

Many women who are sensitive to shadow are reactive to the silica in a shimmer shadow or fallout from powder shadows that fly every where. You may want to try a shadow stick or cream shadow applied w/ brush or comes in tube applied w/ wand. 

You may may want to try Jane Iredale.

Respected Contributor

I'm allergic to too many things, and don't get results from too many others.  I wear and love Urban Decay shadows, but they might not work for you.

What I want to say is that it might dyes that you're allergic to.  My sister can't wear some reds and purples.  

You might want to experiment.  I wish you luck!