Honored Contributor

Good news!

It makes me sad that so many companies take advantage of people like this.

Honored Contributor

From the Los Angeles Times article:

The agency also accused two other companies of deceptive marketing: L'Occitane Inc., which claimed that its skin cream would help users lose fat, and HCG Diet Direct, for marketing a human hormone used to lose weight.

L'Occitane, regulators said, claimed in a 2012 advertising campaign that its Almond Beautiful Shape cream could "trim 1.3 inches in just 4 weeks" and that another product, Almond Shaping Delight, has "clinically proven slimming effectiveness." The beauty company will pay $450,000 to federal regulators.

Can you imagine if the FTC could go after skincare/cosmetics companies for statements based on faulty science and misleading advertising in general?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor
On the other channel's website it does have a place to go to get a refund. They also state that they will have more inventory by February 10, 2014 with the new wording on the product. Instead of 30 pounds in six months it will say lose 9.5 pounds in six months. HTH.
Super Contributor
This company was so bad, My sister had to report her credit card as stolen, so they would stop charging her! --- "The FTC shut down LeanSpa leader Boris Mizhen's weight-loss companies in December 2011, claiming they were using fake news websites to promote acai berry and colon cleansing products. The FTC said consumers were being ripped off by paying up to $79.99 in shipping and handling charges for a "free trial."
Super Contributor
On 1/8/2014 chrystaltree said:

I saw that on tv this moring and I burst out laughing. Personally, I wouldn't have fined them a red cent because anyone who was foolish enough to believe such an outrageous and obviously false claim deserved to lose her money. The product was safe and didn't harm anyone and the buyers should have known that it had NO chance of helping them lose any weight. That it was a total scam. That people who did lose a small amount of weight, lost the weight because they followe the DIET on the insert in the package. I mean really? Sprinkle fairy dust on your friend chicken and french fries every night and lose weight? Who would believe such a thing? Well, obviously, a lot of woman because company made hundreds of millions of dollars off them.

Some people are desperate for anything.......especially compassion!
Super Contributor

I considered Sensa once for about 5 whole minutes. Glad I didn't bite ! Phew !!!