Respected Contributor

Re: Sending Expired Beauty Products

@SnowOwl79Terrible. Definitely understand your frustration and disappointment and loss of trust in the company.

Hopefully you are able to call them and get refunded without bothering to return the product.

I have felt for a long time that QVC (maybe HSN too), who insist on selling things in 2's, 3's, sets of 5, whether they be cosmetics or home gadgets...are just bundling and trying to get rid of overrun of late year inventory. When it comes to the cosmetics, not only don't I ever want to buy 2 or 3 at a time, but I won't anymore buy bundles at Christmastime, as I feel it's old product. I'd never expect them to be already expired! Sorry.

Valued Contributor

Yes, it's not only cosmetics, it's electronics as well. It's been over 15 years, I think, when I bought a printer. They were getting rid of old leftover printers from the year before for HP. It quit working after less than 3/4 page of text. I haven't bought electronics from them since.

...The only way I know if the product is fresh is to wait for new scents or packaging. B&BW change their packaging every year which I thought was a good idea, especially for brands sold on TV and the internet. Then the consumer knows how old it is and they can't throw them in a bundle.

Valued Contributor

This is the Brown Sugar Vanilla sugar scrub by Lalicious. It was dried up and hard.Screenshot_20221204-083104_Gmail.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yes,things dry out, but bar soap is not one of them, neither is oil. It is your prerogative to send this shipment back, but if I really wanted these items I would have given them a try and probably kept them. That's just me.

Valued Contributor

Did you read my post? Like I said...

The Sugar scrub had dried out and was hardened. It's not supposed to be like that, it's supposed to be soft and scoopable. You know, so you can actually use it.

...The seals on the shower oils are defective, i.e., not actually sealing the product, which causes the oils to go rancid. One would be hard up to use something that stinks that bad. Maybe you've never smelled rancid oils? They're awful.

...The milk in the bar soap had soured, i.e., it stinks.

...Same with wipes, milk had soured.

...I refuse to use anything with a broken seal.

...I also refuse to use anything that stinks! Period. But if that's what floats your boat, have at it.

Respected Contributor

@SnowOwl79

I'm sad to read this. Sad this happened to you. Sad HSN, & the vendor sent these. And thanks for this "heads up!"

I often wondered if the many problems associated with 2 years of a Worldwide pandemic, Covid issues, would be held up, soured, expired, anywhere along the route, or even stocked, would result in "old," or "very old" or sour products finally being shipped/shoved off to customers.

Awhile back, I suddenly received (5) A/D, very long time, held up, backorders of Bantam Bagels, from QVC, that were *TWO YEARS OLD," stamped right on the actual bags!! YUCK!

I'm thinking even with Cosmetics, I'm going to have to be more vigilant in checking, right away. I dont always get to new cosmetics right away. I'll be checking now, immediately!

THANKS @SnowOwl79 !

Valued Contributor

@MakeUpMaidnwow! I should be shocked but after more than 20 years dealing with QVC and HSN, I totally am not. You know whoever put that bread in that package had to know. Were the workers forced to send it out anyway, because checking dates and freshness should be top priority. There is no reason for that to have happened.

...They've taken all the preservatives out so product doesn't last as long. The paraben scare is still going on so we can't stock extras of some things, and especially those containing milk or oil will go bad quickly.

...I wish I had this information about the old stock of these 3 lines before I spent hundreds of my hard earned dollars on old, stale, rancid, stinking product. So I wanted to warn others before they buy.

Valued Contributor

The Beekman set is item #709-133.

... Brown Sugar Vanilla scrub, Sugar Kiss and Sugar Lavender shower oils by Lalicious

... All oils by Carter + Jane expired November 2021

... The Carter + Jane oils were for me, the rest gifts. I needed 10 of those Beekman sets, and I've already ordered more Lalicious from their website during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and got a better discount than from HSN.

I really hope my taya and Tweak'd by Nature orders are fresh as some of those are gifts, too.

I've never used Tweak'd by Nature but used to use Ojon back in the day.