Frequent Contributor

Not mentioning any one person but I really think alot of people over do it. It really makes them look old.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree .. and along with old .. I would say odd .....

Esteemed Contributor

Yep. Overtan and then put white streaks of highlighter on your upper cheeks. I don't get it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Self tanning.

[ Edited ]

@twokats

Ahhh, yes.

I don't watch Q, so I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the overdone, orange/dirtblown look is pretty much everywhere this time of year.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with looking "tan."  And, I'm not sure what people see when they look in the mirror.  But the Cheeto-dust orange shade is a total distraction. 

All I think is "rotissere chicken."

I get that some are so pale they want a little color, but there seems to be very little self-regulation. 

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@twokats

Ahhh, yes.

I don't watch Q, so I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the overdone, orange/dirtblown look is pretty much everywhere this time of year.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with looking "tan."  And, I'm not sure what people see when they look in the mirror.  But the Cheeto-dust orange shade is a total distraction. 

All I think is "rotissere chicken."

I get that some are so pale they want a little color, but there seems to be very little self-regulation. 

Many people refer to pale or pasty complexions as being synonymous with unattractiveness . Well, sure, pale and pasty are in and of themselves negative words. I prefer the word fair and I think fair skin can be quite lovely.

Respected Contributor

Well the over self tanned look surely isn't any more attractive

Respected Contributor
Yes I have read many negative words used for us fair ladies. Unhealthy really gets me....pasty.....pale...sickly. society says you must have a certain amount of melanin or your ill or unattractive. I just do my best to ignore it...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Self tanning.

[ Edited ]

@RNbynite

@tsavorite

Hope I didn't give any negative accent to fair skin!

If so, it was unintended!

It's unfortuante that the fake tan products are pushed as a way to look "thin and healthy."  

They do neither.

Respected Contributor

Self tanning used to be my absolute necessity in the summer months. The past few years I was not as regular with it. A few weeks ago I bought the Jimmy Coco Mine Tan because I had used Mine Tan last year and was pleased with it. The other day I decided to give it a try. While it did give me a nice color, I felt that I looked older. I am 68 and not so sure that I want to continue with it. I would like a little subtle color but I don't want that tanned look. It also came with a Gradual Tan Mousse to extend the tan. When this fades I may just want to try that. I don't want to look like I have been at the beach.