Trusted Contributor

Self sharpening eyeliner pencils

I always used L'Oreal self sharpening pencil from the drugstore, but they did something to it and it's awful now. Tugs on the lid but the product does not line my lids and I'm sick of wrestling with it in my delicate eye area.

I prefer the "mechanical pencil" eyeliners over the kind you have to sharpen.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Self sharpening eyeliner pencils

I've used a few drugstore mechanical eye pencils but what do you mean by self sharpening?

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the product may have been out-of-date.    Eyeliners dry up, especially in arid climates....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I always used L'Oreal self sharpening pencil from the drugstore, but they did something to it and it's awful now. Tugs on the lid but the product does not line my lids and I'm sick of wrestling with it in my delicate eye area.

I prefer the "mechanical pencil" eyeliners over the kind you have to sharpen.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

@PilatesLover   I actually prefer the kind you sharpen.  I really like L'Oreal Infallable Pro Last.  It goes on easily and can be used in the water line.  I know this brand carries other  pencils but this one is different and for me and it glides on.  You might like this one.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe you just got an old one?  I like the mechanical ones better too but they do dry out faster because the don't have the wood surrounding the color to keep it from drying out.

I like Rimmel Eye Definer, NYX mechanical eye pencil and Revlon Colorstay. The Rimmel is getting hard to find.

Trusted Contributor

I like Smashbox's Always Sharp Kohl eyeliners, never need sharpening. Also I like Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes. 

Honored Contributor

I use Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner Pencil. It's a mechanical twist up pencil. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Palladio Herbal Retractable Waterproof Eye Pencils, comes in many colors. Get them at Sallys or on amazon or ebay. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Also Jordana makes nice retractable eye pencils in pretty colors, I get them on ebay. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Also Jordana makes nice retractable eye pencils in pretty colors, I get them on ebay. 

@Shelbelle 

Did you know Jordana is no longer in business? They are gone.