Respected Contributor

I posted about the videos I found on the current  "YouTuber" topic.  They are produced by Olga Toja and are easy to follow-I found even more this morning by others and we just might be onto something here!

Massage is as old as the hills and in some countries, facial massages are considered just as important as other skin care treatments.  All you need is oil and your fingers-and any oil will do!

This morning, I gave it a try. I poured a second cup of coffee and propped up my Kindle and oiled my face with JM Argon.  I hadn't even washed my face yet: if I had, that would have been an excellent way to massage my PTR Retinol into my skin.

I did the nasolabial video, the eyes and the forehead.....and it was wonderful. I felt invigorated and calm-all at the same time.  I felt as if I alleviated sinus pressure I didn't even realize I had!

Call me crazy-or call it wishful thinking, but lines look a little diminished and jowels look a little tighter.....but it makes sense. I rub creams and oils onto my skin, but I don't massage them as I did this morning. I didn't hurt myself, but I did use firm pressure. It would be fantastic if my face and neck responds.  If not, it certainly is a great way to start the day: I felt calm, but I also felt a level of alertness. By all means, try it!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 - I haven't looked at the video, but I do some facial massage on myself at night when I use my cleansing oil, but I don't take too much time.  I also do it when do a moisturizing mask.  I just try to replicate what an esthesician has done on me.  Isn't it relaxing?!?!  I've actually dozed off when the esthetician does it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2

I don't think it is wishful thinking! Thanks for mentioning Olga! (I will check out what she does.)

I am a long-time, firm believer in facial massage benefits, just as I believe in dry brushing (in my case, w/ the Salux) for the body.

Which is why I believe more in smoothing (massaging) creams & things in over patting/pressing, though I do that as well w/ some things.

For me, 'maintaining' is a combination of things, among them: good diet, good technique (like facial massage), and good, simple ingredients.

Respected Contributor

Hi JeanLouise! Esthetician are the best-and it does feel good, and it is relaxing.  It always is when someone else works on you.

I was so surprised by how I felt-doing this to myself!! It is spring in SW Fla and we not only have pollen, but we have smoke from brush fires and red tide has been ever present.  I certainly didn't feel any sinus pressure, but when I performed a couple of maneuvers in the sinus area, all of this pressure was released.

This morning, there is no puffiness under my eyes and I swear some deep lines that I've been working on with NuFace have diminished!

This morning, I'm going to work on learning the neck sequence.

@Harpa, mmy fantasy is to get these maneuvers down and "perform" them while listening to my favorite harpist: Andreas Vollenweider!

@JeanLouiseFinch, I followed your postings about Tarte Rainforest of the Sea, and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival-never mind the fact that I just received a Charlotte Tilbury and Nars foundations. I am firmly resolving to do some Spring Cleaning this morning and much needed brush organization!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I need to watch these video and start doing this at night before bed. I think this would be great for me!

Respected Contributor

Wvufan, try it in the morning as well while you sip your favorite "wake up" beverage.  I experience this calming alertness-try it!

I also think if you have any swelling or puffiness this would absolutely help reduce it.

I also discovered this lovely Jamaican lady-I think her name is Khichi, who demonstrates beauty products from the kitchen: tonight, I'm whipping up her coconut oil/ baking soda exfoliating.....her skin had a gorgeous sheen to it.  It might be too much for me during the day, but I do believe in the health benefits of cold expelled organic coconut oil.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hi JeanLouise! Esthetician are the best-and it does feel good, and it is relaxing.  It always is when someone else works on you.

I was so surprised by how I felt-doing this to myself!! It is spring in SW Fla and we not only have pollen, but we have smoke from brush fires and red tide has been ever present.  I certainly didn't feel any sinus pressure, but when I performed a couple of maneuvers in the sinus area, all of this pressure was released.

This morning, there is no puffiness under my eyes and I swear some deep lines that I've been working on with NuFace have diminished!

This morning, I'm going to work on learning the neck sequence.

@Harpa, mmy fantasy is to get these maneuvers down and "perform" them while listening to my favorite harpist: Andreas Vollenweider!

@JeanLouiseFinch, I followed your postings about Tarte Rainforest of the Sea, and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival-never mind the fact that I just received a Charlotte Tilbury and Nars foundations. I am firmly resolving to do some Spring Cleaning this morning and much needed brush organization!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 Glad you've had such a good experience, @Poodlepet2.  The massage is very good for lymphatic drainage.  I wish I would remember early enough in the evening so I could spend a little more dedicated time to doing a decent facial massage a couple times a week.  Lately, though, I usually end up getting involved in something else whether it's on the computer or watching something on the tv.  Before you know it, DH is taking the dog out and it's time for bed so I hightail it upstairs to get my PM routine done before DH gets up there.  Consequently, the massage isn't always quite as detailed or lengthy.

I hope you like the Tarte foundation.  I've been let down by so many liquid/serum types that this was quite a pleasant surprise.  You'll have to let me know what you think.  I like the Algenist Reveal too. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I get lazy at night-and tired! I do my "major" skin care in the morning.

I love my leisurely mornings.  Every morning I come out to our Lanai and watch the sun rise and just enjoy quiet time until our pups wake up and the day officially begins. This is so soothing and gently awakening, it's a nice time of day to do something like this..... It's new, improved "me" time!

I have used various Tarte foundations in the past and I liked them, but I love trying new foundations...This morning I read a review on YSL: this is such a dangerous forum!

Poodlepet2