Trusted Contributor

Re: Self Tanner ~ why do I do this to myself every year??

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions and sharing your self tanning experiences - I very much appreciate it!  You gals are the best Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MM13 I own A378025....the color is good BUT I am having trouble getting it to look smooth, (not splotchy) on my legs.  I use it very lightly and put it on in circular motions, but still is really hard to smooth out.

I tap the brush on the product and then tap again on a papertowel, then apply to my skin...am I doing something wrong?

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@MM13 I own A378025....the color is good BUT I am having trouble getting it to look smooth, (not splotchy) on my legs.  I use it very lightly and put it on in circular motions, but still is really hard to smooth out.

I tap the brush on the product and then tap again on a papertowel, then apply to my skin...am I doing something wrong?

I am not sure...When you put it on your legs, are they clean and dry or do they have a residue from moisturizer or anything? I do notice that in the presentation video, Elise swoops it up and down and does not go in a circular motion. (I doubt that is your issue, but you never know...)

I have used it primarily on my arms so far because I tried it in the spring before my legs were so exposed. Maybe comb through the reviews and see if anyone has had that issue or a suggestion. Good luck and sorry I can't be of more help!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have a lot of very visible veins on my legs. That's why I like to self-tan. My lower legs are the only part I put self-tanner on. My favorite is MineTan. If you go to their website there is a place where they show you how to choose the right product and shade for your skin (in the banner over there). They offer helpful info about how to prepare your skin before tanning plus more info on how to keep your tan longer.

ETA - MineTan does not stink. In fact it smells good.

@SilleeMee , I have used and do love Mine Tan.  I have no idea why I was trying anything else.  Well yeah I do.  I was trying to find something cheaper.  And in the process I've spent more money on several "cheap" products that I hate.

Brilliant move on my part. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I try a new one every year I dont know why!  Amy at HSN had Liz from Korres on and they have a new tan towel that Im thinking of trying...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Knit-Chick wrote:

I'm just shaking my head at myself - LOL  

Every year I try self tanner on my pale skin.  And every year I get blotchy spots and say 'never again'.  So as I look down at the streaks on my legs, I just have to laugh at myself. This time I tried Jergens Wet Skin Tanning Lotion.  I really just wanted to even out my arms to get rid of my farmer's tan..... 1st application was ok, but hardly any color.  I applied it again this morning and now have streaks on my legs.  My arms are ok as of now.

Never again... ha ha

@Knit-Chick 

I just have to ask.  Are you applying the tanner in circular motions?  The old QT commercials about the straight lines were straight wrong!