Occasional Contributor

Just wondering if there is any self tanning products that do not cause sun spots to get so dark? I have tried a couple different fake tanning products. From my experience, all the sun spots I have, and many that normally don't even show, get so dark that it is not a good look. I love the overall color, but I cant get over the dark spots. I wonder is this just something I am noticing or does anyone else notice this problem. It seems like a lot of women really love self tanning, but I don't know if I can get passed the darker spots.

Regular Contributor

Re: Self Tanner's and sun spots

I have the exact same problem. I end up looking like a leopard when I'm done self tanning so I have stopped. Would welcome suggestions on how to address the dark spots and tanning.

Occasional Contributor

Right! I am 32 so I figure unless your in your early 20's, it has to do that to most people. Maybe I have more than normal or something. I would love to find a self tanner that don't do that as bad.

Respected Contributor

I've tried MANY and they all do this to me and I have lots of spots since I tanned in my late teens and 20's

Super Contributor

I have the same problem, my legs just look awful. I purchased the Vita Liberta dark 2 week tan, and that is the best self tanner I have found that does not make my spots loo so bad. That is the only one I have come across, I have used them all

Contributor

You can try to put a bit of moisturizer on your sun spots before you self tan... It may lighten the tanner obsorbsion on those spots. I also love the Vita Liberta. I've tried EVERY tanner out there. I am super pale with freckles and it makes me look at least a medium skin tone.. I typically wear fair..
Occasional Contributor

I too have sunned a lot and I am a water dog, so I was, and still am always swimming in the summer sun. I had not been a big tanning bed person in my teens and twenties, but as I approached 30, I started noticing some aging issues like broken blood vessels and whatnot. About 4 years ago, I started tanning in the beds regularly, and after finding a salon that was going out of business, I bought a tanning bed. I know, bad for your skin and dangerous! So anyway, as I am know realizing that even though a tan hides many aging problems like cellulite and broken veins, I am also realizing that tanning all the time is only going to make worst aging skin issues. So, I thought it would be good to use sunless tanners, but low and behold, if you already have sun damage spots, they look terrible with self tanner's. It's seems to be a no win situationSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

The same thing happened to me and I didn't like it, so I have given up the idea of self-tanner for me. I have wondered if it only/mostly happens to the very fair-skinned.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

On 4/3/2015 whit1982 said: You can try to put a bit of moisturizer on your sun spots before you self tan... It may lighten the tanner obsorbsion on those spots. I also love the Vita Liberta. I've tried EVERY tanner out there. I am super pale with freckles and it makes me look at least a medium skin tone.. I typically wear fair..

Thanks for the moisturizer tip. I'm going to try it. I also have this problem. I am a pale strawberry blond with freckles. I am very careful and make sure I use sunscreen. I try and use a self tanner for light skin tones. That does seem to help.

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 moonchilde said:

The same thing happened to me and I didn't like it, so I have given up the idea of self-tanner for me. I have wondered if it only/mostly happens to the very fair-skinned.

Happened to me, too. And the darkened "spots" stayed dark after the tan faded. Took me a year of serious exfoliating to get rid of them........

♥Surface of the Sun♥