Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 - I usually submit for the magazine rebate.

Print the form,  fill it out. Mail with a copy of your invoice.it takes about 6 weeks to get the check & yiu might get a copy or two of the magazine while you wait for the check.

There is a link to the form on the product page or type in the name of tbe magazine in the search bar. 

Redbook Magazine

A two-year (20 issues) subscription to Redbook magazine valued at $8 is included with your purchase while quantities last. You will not be billed for this subscription. It is a special bonus included with your HSN purchase. At no time will your credit card number be shared, and there are no hidden charges, obligations or automatic renewals. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your first issue.

If you have an existing subscription to Redbook magazine your subscription will be extended two additional years. If you wish to forfeit the magazine subscription and receive a refund for the stated value instead, please write "magazine refund" on a copy of your purchase confirmation, complete and print the form below and mail both documents within 30 days of receipt of your purchase to:

Hearst Magazines Special Programs-HSN
PO Box 6040
Harlan, IA 51593-1570
Name________________________
Address______________________
City/State/Zip_________________
Your Redbook subscription will be sent to the same address to which you are shipping your qualifying purchase. Limit 1 subscription per shipping address.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I recieved my Tan-Luxe today and have just finished applying. I hope I don't wake up looking like a streaked oompa-loompa. I was pretty generous with the drops I mixed with the lotion I put on my legs. I used less on my arms and yes, I even went with one drop of it mixed with my face cream. I will report back the results once I see  how it turns out.

So far it has been about an hour and I don't smell the awful odor that the active ingredient usually turns on me.

Has anyone else tried them yet for the first time?

Trusted Contributor

I did not buy it. LOL, I held out for a change! Usually I cave.

Let us know how it is! I am very curious. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SunnyRose wrote:

I recieved my Tan-Luxe today and have just finished applying. I hope I don't wake up looking like a streaked oompa-loompa. I was pretty generous with the drops I mixed with the lotion I put on my legs. I used less on my arms and yes, I even went with one drop of it mixed with my face cream. I will report back the results once I see  how it turns out.

So far it has been about an hour and I don't smell the awful odor that the active ingredient usually turns on me.

Has anyone else tried them yet for the first time?

@SunnyRose - how did it turn out?  I received mine last night, but haven't tried it yet. Will try it over the weekend. 

Valued Contributor

@nycgrl I think I am really going to  like the drops. It looks natural and I don't have any streaks. It also didn't smell as bad as some of them I have used. I put a second coat on my legs before I went to bed because they were soooo fair, even though I use sunscreen on my arms I have a little more color there. I was worried about the face and I don't think it's even noticeable but I'm still leery of using the face drops.

I don't see any uneven areas around the ankles and feet either. I am going to a BBQ this weekend so will see how it wears over the next few days and probably add one more coat. I did try to be sure I used equal amounts lotion to drops for each arm, leg, etc.

Sorry for the long post but i want to share how I did everything. Please post back with your experience I'll be interested to hear how they work out for you.

Honored Contributor

@SunnyRose wrote:

@nycgrl I think I am really going to  like the drops. It looks natural and I don't have any streaks. It also didn't smell as bad as some of them I have used. I put a second coat on my legs before I went to bed because they were soooo fair, even though I use sunscreen on my arms I have a little more color there. I was worried about the face and I don't think it's even noticeable but I'm still leery of using the face drops.

I don't see any uneven areas around the ankles and feet either. I am going to a BBQ this weekend so will see how it wears over the next few days and probably add one more coat. I did try to be sure I used equal amounts lotion to drops for each arm, leg, etc.

Sorry for the long post but i want to share how I did everything. Please post back with your experience I'll be interested to hear how they work out for you.

@SunnyRose - thx for posting a detailed review. Glad to read your positive initial results! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@SunnyRose wrote:

@SunnyRose - yes, thank you for the detailed review. I am always nervous with self-tanners. I used to bake myself in the sun and always had a gorgeous tan until having something removed from the middle of my chest and having stitches. Not attractive. I rarely sit out in the sun so I think I've tried every tanner out there. I will let you know how it goes - I was hesitant to try it in the morning before going to work since I worry about there being that smell so I'll try it on the weekend and let you. Have a great time at the BBQ Heart

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl @SunnyRose

Sunny, which one did you choose, the light one or the dark one?  I am fair-skinned, but chose the darker one.  I figured I could use less drops if I wanted to be lighter and the product would go farther.  

nycgrl (I am a Jersey Girl!)...post back when you do yours.  Which shade did you choose?

So mine arrived the other day and I applied it after my shower.  Mixed it in with my favorite CeraVe lotion (this is the best thing...being able to use your own lotion that you like!).  I applied from hips to feet because it's been a little chilly here lately and I figured if it didn't come out great I could wear jeans.  

The color is pretty dark.  I was generous with my drops, but still followed the directions.  I need a lighter hand on my feet, they're pretty dark.  I just need to take a little more care going around that area.  My legs look nice.  I did have the self-tanner smell until my next shower.  

My next experiment will be comparing my Paula's Choice drops to the Tan Luxe drops.  I think the Tan Luxe drops are darker.  I have not tried the face product yet.  The heat is coming, so I'll do my whole body one of these days.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

@Stargazer77 - Hi - I chose the dark shade also. I remember the vendor saying the more drops you use the darker so how many drops did you use?  I think he said 10 would be maximum color. I'm anxious to try it - maybe I'll do it tonight if I feel brave Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@nycgrlI want to say about 6, but I may have been too rough squeezing so there may have been extra drops in there.  I didn't find the dropper to be super precise when releasing drops, but, again, I may have been too rough.

When I first got my Paula's Choice product (similar to Tan Luxe) a month ago I just did the tops of my feet because I was nervous.  It was still chilly and I could wear boots if I wanted.  Maybe you could try 2 or 3 drops and see how that goes.  I should say that for the Tan Luxe I did the 6 drops into a full pump of CeraVe lotion and applied to one whole leg and one foot.  I'm short and small, though, so that would depend on one's height and weight if they needed more lotion and more drops.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*