Esteemed Contributor

Re: Selena's new 'do with bangs

I never really could wear bangs as I've had naturally curly hair my whole life.  I do like the look though, she is very pretty with this style.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Oh wow.  Nothing looks worse than short bangs.  I can't even imagine Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Adorable on her.

I wear bangs and my hair is about he same length.  I use to wear much shorter but during pandemic I let it grow and like it much better.  I have natural curl as well.  Mine looks nice and I like the messy look.    I would trade her in a minute though.

Honored Contributor

My bangs are below my eyebrows and I cut them myself by twisting them, cut off the length and then point cut for a messy, tousled look.  To do the rest of my hair, I literally use my fingers, head turned upside down and go to town by loosely running my fingers thru my hair.  A trick the Makeover Guy taught me for my style was to start at the back of my hair with my fingers, come to the front and then pull back.  Kinda hard to explain but it gives my shortish layered choppy chunky look a lot of volume.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Great look for Selena. As my neice would say, "totes adorbs." And this reminds me that I should get back to "Only Murders in the Building." She's my fave character of the series.

Respected Contributor

She looks adorable.  However, From this picture, I think it's a wig. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

Selena is a very beautiful woman and looks FABULOUS w/ her new haircut/style.

I like bangs and have worn them since college. In high school ... approx a hundred years ago ... wore my hair long, part down the middle ... just like 90% of the other girls. Went away to college and went to get my hair cut in the BIG city and the stylist talked me into side part and bangs. I've had long hair, short hair and in between and somehow kept the side part and the bangs. 

Oh my gosh, @kate2357 , I could have written this post.  After I went through my curly perm phase in the early 80's, I have had a side part and bangs.  Come to think of it, I had the side part and bangs with the curly hair too.  And, like you, no matter the lenghh or style, I somehow manage to keep the part and bangs.  I've tried, on occasion, to grow them out but it just isn't "me" without the bangs.  Hahaha

Honored Contributor

I have always worn a variation of this hairstyle. I usually have a side part maybe a little more layering but it is a versatile hairstyle and easy to change up. Pulled up in a topknot is nice for warm days in the summer..too. The bangs soften the face. Both young and women of a certain age look nice with this hairstyle...a lot softer than a pixie too.🌺🌸🌼

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

THAT is adorable & so is she!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm @They did look terrible.  The fact that she was little helped a bit.

That 'horrible' picture is alongside her sister's.  When her sister was little she was always falling down.

That's how my girls started dance so young.

When the oldest was close to 3 years old she fell and hit right between her eyes.  The kid always had skinned knees, elbows, you name it.

the Pediatricians said, "For God's sakes put this kid in some kind of dance classes so she won't even falling.  She needs to understand shehas two arms, two legs and what to do with them.

Her 3 year nursery school picture has her frowning and with 2 black eyes.

When she was 6 years old the Dr removed a mole on her leg.  She came home and promptly ran into the toilet and busted it open.  Another time, she was running, tripped and bit her tongue almost all the way through.

The Drs sewed it and afterward she wanted pancakes.

If that stuff happened today, we'd have been investigated for child abuse.