Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking Reviews for Suzanne Somers Organic Line

On 1/2/2015 MsLomo said:

Lally, I enthusiastically recommend her organic line of skincare and makeup ... only thing is the foundation doesn't have enough coverage for me for some occasions, so I use Skinn plasma foundation at those times. I am very fair and order her lightest shade which is a perfect match. I have sensitive skin and am prone to milia especially on my forehead. I do not get milia or breakouts with Suzanne's products.

I really like Suzanne's cleanser, "calming" spray, moisturizer, and peach exfoliator (I got the 4-piece kit). My hair responds very nicely to her shampoo and conditioner, and sometimes I use the styling gel. I also like her eye cream (and the eye primer is fab), eye shadow kit (the matte one), Berry Pop lipstick and blush. I have her bronzer but I don't use it because I'm very fair with "winter" coloring and I think it would look better on a darker complexion.

This visit I want to try the body creams, hand wash and lotion, and if she has a product I can use in my bath water -- maybe a body wash that creates some bubbles? I'll look.

Just to show what a fan I am (I still have lots of items from when she was on HSN), I grabbed a 3-way poncho at Walgreen's and I love it! But don't let your husband wash it and put it in the dryer. It says not to put in the dryer, but yep he did and now it's not as smooth as when I washed it and followed the directions! (sigh) I will grab another -- I think it was $19.99.

Oh, and her brushes are wonderful. If you become a big fan, good to know that she sometimes has good deals on her website.

You are really a big fan! I so enjoyed reading your comments. You and Maddie have gotten me excited now to try this line. I think the $99 kit will be a good skin care start. I have used the 3 piece hair care kit and liked those products a bunch. I want to move toward the skin care and then make up.

Has the eye cream given you got results? Reduction in lines if you have them? No milia?

I love eye shadows and have looked at both of her compacts. Are you getting the shimmer one? I don't do well with glitter. I'm not sure if it's true shimmer or glitter. I prefer matte to cover the eye and then I will add a bit of shimmer to the eye lid only.

I just bet you will love the lotion. Let me know. I fear my credit card will be busy Monday.

Super Contributor

I love the products that I use, too. The skincare is responsible for giving me back the healthy skin that I had prior to using other products, which made a real mess of it.

I started with the facial cleanser, ageless serum, peach exfoliating cleanser, toner and body lotion, all of which are still my HG staples. It has to be about 3-4 years now that I've been using them (whenever it was that she started on Shop) and still on AD for the ageless serum.

I also use the shampoo, Acai Exfoliating Polish, Skin Elixir (works double duty as a primer) body washes, eye cream (occasionally) and Peptide eye firming gel (nightly). I think I remembered them all. Smiley Happy

There are frequent specials on Suzanne' s website, it's worth signing up. Many times the deals are better there than on Shophq.

Forgot one, the FaceMaster, too!

Esteemed Contributor

Suzanne has the TS on Shop Tuesday 1/6. No info on what it is yet.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

On 1/2/2015 magemay said:

I love the products that I use, too. The skincare is responsible for giving me back the healthy skin that I had prior to using other products, which made a real mess of it.

I started with the facial cleanser, ageless serum, peach exfoliating cleanser, toner and body lotion, all of which are still my HG staples. It has to be about 3-4 years now that I've been using them (whenever it was that she started on Shop) and still on AD for the ageless serum.

I also use the shampoo, Acai Exfoliating Polish, Skin Elixir (works double duty as a primer) body washes, eye cream (occasionally) and Peptide eye firming gel (nightly). I think I remembered them all. Smiley Happy

There are frequent specials on Suzanne' s website, it's worth signing up. Many times the deals are better there than on Shophq.

I'm so pleased to read all of these great results. There's fan club for Suzanne here. The eye gel is tightening yes? Not sticky though? I need to go check for specials on her site. Thanks for that.

Valued Contributor

On 1/2/2015 betteb said:

Suzanne has the TS on Shop Tuesday 1/6. No info on what it is yet.

Do you think it's the bars and shakes, since they are listed first, but not yet priced as a TTV?

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Lally said:
On 1/2/2015 magemay said:

I'm so pleased to read all of these great results. There's fan club for Suzanne here. The eye gel is tightening yes? Not sticky though? I need to go check for specials on her site. Thanks for that.

It contains Pullulan which is considered to be a firming agent because it's film forming and I find the gel to be non-sticky. I keep it the frig and a little (very little) goes a long way. When I first saw the bottle, .75 oz, I thought it wouldn't last long at all - I was wrong!

I have allergies and constant eye puffiness and neither will ever go away completely, but the serum has helped somewhat. I've learned not to expect too much from topicals, from any line.

The specials on the website usually run after and in between her appearances on Shop. If you sign up for the emails, you'll find some pretty good deals.

Hope you enjoy your new products!

Honored Contributor

I love all her products! And honestly, if I wasn't thrilled with the results at first, I kept at it, because I was determined to make it work. Simply because of the organic ingredients. Means more to me than anything.

The eye cream mentioned didn't do anything spectacular for my eyes (that the bio active moisturizer or night cream does do). But boy does it help my neck. I don't know what the heck is going on with my neck, but I apply that eye cream and my neck looks as young as my daughters. I kid you not.

Foundation was mentioned also, I'm extremely fair, but the fair shade really accentuates lines in my face that aren't there when I'm barefaced (I swear!). So starting just this week I forego the foundation now and just use her pressed powder that I apply with a makeup brush instead of the sponge provided.

Her SPF is very dark for my fair skin, so I mix it with the fair foundation. It's not going to waste!

Her cleanser out of this world for me. Removes makeup and eye makeup, mascara, liner. No burning or stinging. Very gentle, but effective. Toner is AWESOME.

Lotions and body butters work well. Shaving gel is a must have because I have to shave my legs (knees down) every day. UGH. I can put the shave gel on and use a wet razor and do this on the side of the tub. Just rinse off and I'm done.

Shampoo works great, but I do the conditioner first, then the shampoo.

I see others mentioning products from HSN, I still have a pair of jeans, a jacket, a dress and of course I have about 4 of her denim aprons that say "Goddess" in silver.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, right now she has free shipping on her site (which is her name). She just had an awesome deal where if you buy a gift certificate, you get one for the same amount free. Sweet deal! Lot's of times you get 20-30% off, sometimes 35%. Lots of other deals.

Have to say I love all her makeup, the shadow, the mascara, but her lipstick is the best hands down for me. I apply her lip balm first.

Honored Contributor

I too used all her products when they first came out and it was a nice thought to use an organic product, but it did nothing for my ageing skin. I actually had a reaction to her eye crème one time, made my eyes red and swollen.