Honored Contributor

Second hairstylist potentially exposed 56 clients to Covid-19, officials say

[ Edited ]

Two Missouri hairstylists potentially exposed 140 clients  to covid-19 

when they worked

for up to eight days this month while symptomatic health officials said.

You can read the entire  article on the CNN news page.

Honored Contributor

Re: Second hairstylist potentially exposed 56 clients to Covid-19, officials say

I saw & read this. Very sad. I still don’t think some people realize how contagious & easily spread the virus is. I also think some people don’t understand that they can pass it to others even if they have no symptoms. I guess lots of people will want appointments as salons reopen. I hope people stay safe. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Second hairstylist potentially exposed 56 clients to Covid-19, officials say

Watch out, the first thread yesterday was shut down.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I live here, and the media is not telling the whole story--imagine that. The first stylist went to Kansas City. That’s where she contracted the virus unbeknownst to her. When she started feeling sick, she went to an urgent care.  She was diagnosed with allergies (has the paper work to prove it), but just to be safe, they swabbed her for covid. Did not instruct her to quarantine because they diagnosed her with allergies. So she went back to work until she got the call saying she was positive. Then she notified the appropriate authorities.

This really wasn’t anyone’s fault. Stylists likely take their masks off during break and while eating, so no wonder another one has it as they probably eat/take breaks together. We’ll just have to hope that the masks worn while doing hair protected the clients who also were required to wear masks.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining   Why would this be shut down?  It is just factual information that may save a life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even though a diagnoses of allergies I would think the stylist would have shown some common sense and waited for the test result just to make sure no matter what the doctor she saw said.  There should be a requirement to quarantine while waiting for the results of a test since even though that stylist had allergies she also could have been and really was positive.  First you couldn't get a test at all now even though you can be tested you are allowed to go about as if negative.   

Esteemed Contributor

Last week salons opened here in South Carolina.  A nearby salon isn't requiring face masks and they don't use social distancing.  I saw an article that said the salons have guidelines, but it's optional if they want to follow those guidelines.  It said inspectors don't need to be notified if a salon isn't following the guidelines since it's optional.  I'm also aware of a nearby nail salon that posted they won't serve you if you aren't wearing a mask, and they require you to use their hand sanitizer upon arrival.  Interesting how there are two very different requirements within a couple of miles from each other.  I guess it's up to the clients to decide what they will tolerate.

I've posted this before, but will repeat. . .I wish more could be done to make sure those who test positive stay in quarantine.  I think it's just wrong for anybody to continue working in the service industry if they have symptoms or have tested positive.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I live here, and the media is not telling the whole story--imagine that. The first stylist went to Kansas City. That’s where she contracted the virus unbeknownst to her. When she started feeling sick, she went to an urgent care.  She was diagnosed with allergies (has the paper work to prove it), but just to be safe, they swabbed her for covid. Did not instruct her to quarantine because they diagnosed her with allergies. So she went back to work until she got the call saying she was positive. Then she notified the appropriate authorities.

This really wasn’t anyone’s fault. Stylists likely take their masks off during break and while eating, so no wonder another one has it as they probably eat/take breaks together. We’ll just have to hope that the masks worn while doing hair protected the clients who also were required to wear masks.  

they should not be taking breaks together.... just common sense if you are being careful....

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...