Super Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

Just about anything by Vera Wang. Her colognes/perfumes range from soft to bold. They do not stay very bold though, they soften. I have Pink Princess, Preppy Princess, Night Princess, Princess and the original Vera Wang. I love them all and I constantly watch ebay for rollerball deals to try new scents by her.

Valued Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche--always get compliments

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Crème de Pistache is lovely. It embraces you with a warm scent that is medium. almond coconut is a lighter fragrance somewhat sweet yet inviting (I receive many compliments when I wear this one). Both are by Laura Mercier & $55 for an ample size bottle. Read the reviews on her website and she also offers 2 deluxe samples (your choice) with a $50 purchase.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I just love Jessica Mcclintock!...I get mine on ebay for a great price but see that Target carries it also for a good price..I find i wear this daily now just about..The scent stays all day and my clothes smell of it till washed.

Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock is a Floral fragrance for women.Jessica McClintock was launched in 1988. Top notes are cassia, basil, ylang-ylang, bergamot, black currant and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are musk and woody notes.

Valued Contributor

Just realized this fresh type of scent might not be what you are looking for!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 maddiecat said:

These by Jo Malone are lovely for spring and summer:

Orange Blossom

Nectarine Blossom & Honey

English Pear & Freesia

I like these, too. Especially Nectarine Blossom and Honey. You can get samples on ebay. Just got 7 samples for $13.00. Tiny squirt lasts all day!

Esteemed Contributor

Pravda Candy and Armani's Si are my two current favorites.
Valued Contributor

On 3/18/2015 deelor said:

I just got Joan Rivers "Now and Forever" and must say I love it!
The scent of spring flowers, and living in Massachusetts I need that right now! LOL!

It is a great floral, not overpowering. but lingering.

People keep asking me what I am wearing!

LOVE IT!

I just received my bottle today. I have no idea why I decided to try it but it has good reviews here on QVC and on Fragrantica.com there are a few nice reviews. It sort of reminds me of Tatiana by Diane von Furstenberg. You would need to like white florals but it dries down to a really soft pretty fragrance with more depth than just a white flower.

Respected Contributor

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor is the only one I get compliments on regardless which other one I wear. I can say this if by far my favorite and will stick to just this once the others are used up.

Just let it dry down first after you spray, nice soft scent that really lingers.

• Design House: Elizabeth Taylor
  • Fragrance Notes: lily, rose, amber, oakmoss and sandalwood.
  • Year Introduced: 1991
  • Recommended Use: casual
<h1 class="brandTitle">You simply cannot get a more distinctive and sophisticated scent than White Diamonds perfume for women by Elizabeth Taylor. The beloved movie star's legacy lives on in this warm and resonant fragrance, which was originally introduced in 1991. The flowery scent delicately combines oakmoss, lily, rose, sandalwood and amber notes for a balanced construction that radiates class and star power. Feel like a movie star wherever you go in your travels with White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor.</h1> <h1 class="brandTitle"> </h1>
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much! Yes, I do seem to like fresh scents. I like florals too, but not real heavy and strong ones. More like light hearted and bubbly.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin