Respected Contributor

Sea Buckthorn Oil

[ Edited ]
Do you or have you used this? If so, what has it done for your face? Did it help with fading dark spots, fine lines & deep wrinkles? Skin texture? Also, where did you purchase it from? Did you use it by its self or with your other face products? Thanks so much for your thoughts on this product.
Honored Contributor

I used if a few years ago but don't remember what, if anything , it did for me. You should go to our good friend, goggle, and research it. I got the oil and used it on my skin. It's an intense orange color and I mixed it with other things. Then I stopped using it or forgot about it, and when I found it again, it was rancid. My advice is to buy the smallest amount to see what it does. I have heard high praises about tho.

Esteemed Contributor

It's considered an Omega 7 oil. Taken internally, said to be beneficial for joints/arthritis.

Some reported liver issues while using it internally.

Valued Contributor

Good morning 

I recenlty starting using products from an organic  Canadian company called LIving Libations . I am using their "Best skin ever Seabucthorn oil  " it is a mix of seabucthorn with a few other oils in it I use it to remove my makeup and wash my skin at night  You can use it as a cleanser, moisturizer or exfoliant with a muslin cloth . I am very pleased  with it. I haver acne prone skin still at 53 and it is difficult to find product that work with aging acne . I only use cruelty free products . Even if you don't want to order you can go to their sight Living Libations they have a lot of information on different oils and what they do . Another great sight for info on oils for cleansing or moisturizing is Minimalist Beauty . good luck !

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty,

I bumped up a thread for you. It might have some info you'd like.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I used it for 3-4 months, and noticed NO difference in dark spots or wrinkles.  The smell of the product was offensive to me as well, but kept using because of vanity.  Dumped the rest of the bottle. 

Valued Contributor

I take for dry eye. If I stop talking it my dry eye comes back. It has saved me! I use seabuckwonders , got it on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty

Since the SIBU is orange, I dropper it on my hand first.

The place where I put it has a dark spot there.

Every time, the dark spot fades quickly. The same doesn't happen with my face (that I can tell)

If I would be more faithful about using sunscreen, I could more definitely assess this process.

I think the oil is "oily."

I also have the capsules, but am not willing to mess with my GI system right now. HTH

PS Also purchased "Fresh" sea berry oil. Nice light texture/notice no fading/heavy lavender scent.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Yes, I use Ko and Humble's Sea Buckthorn Oil to fade a sun damaged dark spot on my face. I was skeptical at first, but it actually works for me!  I've used it on a scar, and it's faded that also. Additionally, it heals any rough, irritated areas. A friend with roscea uses it and it helps to keep her redness at bay. I truly love this stuff and a tiny bit (one or two drops) goes a long, long way. 

Respected Contributor

I took the oil, then started taking the juice.

After drinking gallons of juice since last year, I've decided, when I finish the bottle I have, it will be my last.

NOT worth the bother.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."