Trusted Contributor

Re: Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ... or Tube!

On 7/27/2014 Deanie said:

I cut the off the tops, bottoms, take off the dispensers etc. Nothing goes to waste.

Me too!

Highlighted
Contributor

I scrape the last tidbits out of EVERYTHING!

For things in tubes, I fold the ends over once or twice and use binder clips to keep the ends closed to keep the product "fresh" once I cut the ends off the tube.

Lipsticks, lip balms, etc., I use a lip brush to get the very last little bit. Other things, I use a Q-tip to get the last bits of the product.

It's not a matter of money...I just like to get my money's worth!!

Respected Contributor

Yep....funny I should see this now.....I was just scraping/transferring the last of my Dr. D Cleanser out of the bottle.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Regular Contributor

On 7/27/2014 SheilaVA said:

I scrape the last tidbits out of EVERYTHING!

For things in tubes, I fold the ends over once or twice and use binder clips to keep the ends closed to keep the product "fresh" once I cut the ends off the tube.

Lipsticks, lip balms, etc., I use a lip brush to get the very last little bit. Other things, I use a Q-tip to get the last bits of the product.

It's not a matter of money...I just like to get my money's worth!!

I cut, scrape, etc. too! The tubs that eye makeup remover pads came in are great for hand and foot lotions, etc. once they've been cut open.

I do the same with lipsticks, just like you do!

I can get more out of hand lotions by combining cuticle oil with them, shake them up really good and usually that coats the sides of the bottle well enough for it all to come to one end.

There are all kinds of tricks we can use to get everything out. I also keep lots of products in my mini fridge in my bedroom to keep them good longer!

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

Some good tips.

Super Contributor

Every product, whether it be toothpaste or an eye cream. It is amazing how much is left in the tube when it feels empty. I usually get an extra week or two from cutting open the packaging. I use a plastic spoon to get waaaay down to the bottom of tubes. I know there is a "beauty spatula" that can be purchased at Walmart, but my Mc Gyver way of doing things has been working so far!

Honored Contributor

All the time! Amazing how much is left in the tube when you can no longer get the product out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Deanie said:

I cut the off the tops, bottoms, take off the dispensers etc. Nothing goes to waste.

Same here. I have the shears that Mark Charles sells on QVC and it cuts through the tubes easily. I make sure nothing goes to waste even if the product isn't a real favorite. The end of shower gels get some added water and are used for hand wash until they are all gone. I save small jars from used items and put these final bits in them so they don't dry out. Also use them for sample "envelopes" because I normally get more than one use out of a sample and if they stay in the envelope they dry out or spill out.

Super Contributor

Yep I've done this too. There is always product left in the tube.

Honored Contributor

I hate wasting anything so it has little to do with my love of the products.