Frequent Contributor

Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Volume and Texture products

Has anyone else tried these products? I saw them advertised somewhere and had to run out to Walmart to purchase because they PROMISED volume and texture. Since I am constantly on the search for such products, I felt compelled to try these. First, let me say that to me they have a very strong scent. I first used the serum, then the mousse, and I was pretty overwhelmed with the scent. Now for the results--my hair had so much static electricity that I had to use some argan oil to settle it down some. Even though I was almost gagging on the scent, I had to finish the job with the recommended hair spray. Any additional fragrance (such as ones favorite perfume) was unthinkable. I have tried using only the serum, which is so-so and only the mousse and believe that the mousse is the culprit in the static electricity. I'm not impressed with the spray either, so, for me, the whole thing is a bust!! I'm glad I only paid $6.97 each. I would return them, but I'm not sure the Walmart near me accepts returns on such items. I now remember that I tried Schwarzkopf got2b Rise 'n Shine cream and hairspray for body and gloss, and they both had a very similar scent. Guess I'm done with that brand. I'm just curious if anyone has had experiences with any of these products, good or bad. As we all know, all things don't work for all people, and scent is in the nose of the beholder!!

Contributor

Re: Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Volume and Texture products

I received samples sizes of shampoo & conditioner in my Wal Mart Beauty Box. Thought I would try them out today. Your right about the scent, it was VERY strong. Usually scented things don't bother me, but this was over the top. Since I just washed and let air dry, can't really say I had a bad experience with it. But just from the strong scent of it, I might use up the samples here and there, but I would not actually purchase them.

Frequent Contributor

HayJen - Sorry I didn't get back to you to thank you for your response. I appreciate your taking the time to give your input.

Respected Contributor

I like the volumnizing shampoo and hair spray. The shampoo isn't overwhelming with the floral/powdery scent, to me. The hair spray works well in my south Georgia humidity.

Contributor

I received sample packets of shampoo and conditioner in a Glamour magazine. Used them this morning. Holy cow, the vanilla scent was so strong it made my eyes water. I'm at work and now and trying to get through the day with this awful scent . . . tonight I'll rewash my hair so it will hopefully go away.

Even though the quality of the shampoo and conditioner was nice, I simply cannot stand products that are so highly scented. What were they thinking?

Respected Contributor

I have the root lift and the hairspray and like both very much My hair is very thick and heavy and the root lift is recommended for fine hair but it works great for me. The hair spray holds without being stiff and tacky.