Valued Contributor

Re: Scentmatchers has a Tova copy

@nrm wrote:

I tried China Rain several years ago since I was curious about the Tova dupe. Not even close. There’s nothing out there that smells like Tova as far as I know. 

Hello - I recently ordered a small sample $8 from Dame Perfumery and this is the closest to Tova I've ever smelled.  It's called Bergamot, Jasmine and Labdanum.  You may know that bergamot and jasmine are also in Tova.  Google Dame Perfumery and check it out.  Jeffrey is amazing and generous with samples.  Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I would never use that outfit. They sent me a duplicate that actually stunk

It was supposed to be  Woodhue, by Fabrege.  I wanted  something else  they said they made, I can't recall what it ,was but  it was so oily, I thought I would ruin my clothes. It was like pure baby oil and it stunk.

They did refund my money, but they are a total scam

Respected Contributor

I believe the problem with Tova is the cost of Absolute Jasmin has become prohibitive. Tova mentioned last time she was on that it now costs her $50,000 per pound t extract the essential oil!  So my gut feeling is she is diluting the absolute jasmine in order to keep the price of the fragrance affordable.

Trusted Contributor

We went on a short trip out of state this past week and I used Tova Platinum for a day event.  I put on the sweater today that I had worn on my trip and it smelled so nice that I didn’t have reapply. 

For staying power I spray it on my hair- just a tad as I had read an article by a perfumer who suggested that method rather than on skin. Obviously,the Tova drifted onto my sweater. I got compliments all around and my 20something niece loved it.