Valued Contributor

Scentmatchers has a Tova copy

Has anyone tried scentmatchers ? They said they could match Tova.

I wonder if theirs was any good. It isn't cheap, I think it was about 60 dollars!

Please let me know if you have tried it. I miss the original fragrance so much. I'm so sad it is gone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Scentmatchers has a Tova copy

I tried ScentMatchers awhile back for a Jovan Grass Oil for Women dupe.

Epic fail. Hope you have better luck!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Someone here once mentioned a place to buy a scent that smelled just like Tova Sig but I forget the name of the place, darn it. And the scent was something with Rain in the name. I know, I'm a big help, but someone here might read this and remember?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline "Pittsburgh Street Soapworks Co" sells dupes. Is this what you were thinking about?

ETA: Another one is "Hayward Enterprises". 

Honored Contributor

Nope, neither. Keep trying, lol.

Super Contributor

I had them duplicate Persian Lime and Minosa by Slatkin and it was perfect.  Love that fragrance and to bad Slatkin discontinued it...Did it a second time and it came back entirely different.  This time I purchased the fragrance and lotion.  The bill was in the 70's.  I called the company and was told to send it back and they would refund.  I mailed it promptly and waited and waited for a refund. Called again after several weeks and spoke to customer service.  I asked her to check that they did receive the package and get back to me...Another week went by... Called again and the woman was on vacation and would check again.  Another week went by...Didn't know what else to do so I called the "Better Business Bureau"... Told them what happened and in one week I had the money... Wow...Not bad mouthing Scentmatchers but would like them to work with me again....

Respected Contributor

Supposedly, Tova is actually a copy of a fragrance made by Body Time in Berkeley, CA called China Rain.

Respected Contributor

I've never smelled Tova, but I did not like China Rain. 

Honored Contributor

China Rain sounds like it. But it wasn't that company.

Trusted Contributor

I tried China Rain several years ago since I was curious about the Tova dupe. Not even close. There’s nothing out there that smells like Tova as far as I know.