Honored Contributor

I see it as a gimmick and a slight turn off. Wouldn't stop me from using a product if everything else about it was amazing.

Given the choice between identical pallets, one smelling strongly of chocolate and the other not, I'd go with not. I stay away from all the Chanel cosmetics and skincare because I find everything so very highly perfumed. Perfume is for perfume, to my mind.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain  I'm on track with you.  The introduction of fragrance into cosmetic products can be nothing more than a sales gimmick. 

The idea id a complete turn-off for me.  I was excited when Too Faced launched their peach eye palette, but when I went to purchase the palette at Ulta and found that it was scented (it is a chemical peachy smell), I left it at the store.  Then I saw that Covergirl had introduced a quad od peach eyeshadows, I was utterly disappointed and shocked they also had decided to scent their eyeshadow as well.  Leave the fragrance out!  If I want fragrance I'll wear it!

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I don't understand the point of having my eyelids smell like chocolate or fruit.

If I find something I really like that has one of these scents, I will probably buy it.  But the scent is not a draw for me.  And if it's too strong I'm not interested.

The idea of a lip product with a food scent or flavor makes sense to me though.  Would rather smell and taste that than something perfumey.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org