Contributor
New here so apologies if this is repeat info Smiley Happy. I LOVE Josie’s body butter and use it daily.

But seeing her new Strawberry and other scents this weekend, wanted to share a tip that I only ever buy the unscented bb.

What works great, if I want to add a scent to bb, is to blend the unscented with other lotions that I already know I like. You can control the level of scent so much easier that way. I like mixing bb with Body Shop butters and find they blend great with JM. They have a perfect Strawberry, so I’ve had a strawberry bb for a long time Smiley Happy. My other favorites to blend are Satsuma (orange citrus) and Shea (very light vanilla-y). But I bet it works with any type of butter or heavier lotion, if you already have scented ones you like.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scented body butters tip

Nice tip @J woww  thank you.  Welcome to the boards.

Honored Contributor

Hello @J woww , that is a nice tip!

I also only buy her unscented body butters.  I buy essential oils from Whole Foods, or various online sites.  That way, I'm still only using the ingredients in her body butter, but mixed with a drop or two of pure essential oils in my hand right before I apply it.  I can change the scent I wear several times a week that way.    

Respected Contributor

@J woww That is a great tip.

Contributor

Oh meant to add Ulta has Body Shop butters in the store so it’s easy to try them there,…. I have tried JM’s scents and they are often too strong or “off”, perhaps because of the thickness of bb.
Contributor

@ Carrreful Shopper, great idea on the essential oils! It’s nice to have scent options for different moods and seasons but still use Josie’s holy grail BB.
Honored Contributor

You are a genius!  Welcome to the board!  I'm somewhat addicted to scented body butters, I have more than I will admit.  I never thought of mixing scents to custom make a scent or to stretch a scent.  It's a brilliant idea, thank you.