Honored Contributor

Scarlett's Makeup, What Do You Think?

She's beautiful inside and out

People.com

The actress, 38, discussed her passion for philanthropy and her own struggling childhood as she was honored at the God's Love We Deliver Golden Heart Awards in New York City on Monday. Johansson made a chic appearance at the event — where she was honored for her work with the nonprofit — as she wore a plunging black Michael Kors dress and a matching black smoky eye.

“Throughout my career, I have been fortunate enough to witness firsthand the power of philanthropy and activism, and the work of God's Love We deliver is no exception,” Johansson said. “Their mission to alleviate hunger and provide nourishment encompasses so much more than just physical sustenance. It's about offering support, love, and a sense of dignity during life's most challenging moments."

In her speech, the actress opened up about being raised on food stamps as a child as her family struggled to get by.

“As a child living in New York, my family was dependent on food stamps, hot lunch programs, and government aid to support our household of four children," Johansson continued. “And as someone who's experienced food insecurity firsthand, I understand the devastating impact it has.”

• scarjo-embed-17oct23 (1).jpgScarlett-Johansson-Jokes-Son-Cosmos-‘Terrible-Twos-are-‘Tackling-Me1.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Scarlett's Makeup, What Do You Think?

Just ravishing and what a kind heart!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for her, but I like the makeup.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  She's so pretty. I had no idea about her upbringing so thanks for posting. Karma will reward her.Heart

I love the drama she has going on with the eye makeup. She pulls it off very well. She probably could have gone with a darker red lip too. JMO. Lovely nonetheless.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 She looks lovely and as someone else said, what a kind heart she has.

Honored Contributor

Scarlett looks lovely.  She has both outer and inner beauty.  Her inner beauty of caring and being kind to others is admirable .  She remembers how her family struggled when she was growing up and now she helps those in need.  Good for her.

Honored Contributor

I don't really know anything about her, but her statement was very humbling.  

Her makeup and dress are fine.

Trusted Contributor

Just looked into her other viewpoints and disagree with some, but on the food insecurity issue I am completely simpatico.

Honored Contributor

The eye makeup - I think - is too stark, dark, and don't like it at all.  Think it takes away from her beauty and eyes.  All I see are dark circles and don't really notice anything else.

Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with who she is but I'm sure she's a lovely person. I'm not too keen on her eye look. I think the same colors could have been used but applied differently for a softer look.