Honored Contributor

Did you know that Scalp Massage is good for your hair? I do this and it is true and it does work!! I am posting a cut and paste about scalp massage:

Put both hands on your forehead and let your fingers massage this area, then work your way around the head.

Massage every part of the head (scalp) as hard as you can possibly take it.

You may feel something strange, like a numbness or pain, sometimes it may even feel as if you have a headache. Don’t stop at that, because having these sensations is a good thing! You’re stimulating blood flow and increasing circulation. It’s a great self healing technique that not only cures hair loss, but all types of other problems, such as headaches and even insomnia.

Important things to Remember

You must massage every day. It’s likely that once you stop, your hair will return to the state it was before.

The massage has to be hard, and when I say that, it means you feel it being painful, but it’s a pain you know you can take.

My experiences with Massage

Massaging my scalp has been a miracle for me when it comes to stopping hair loss. Ever since I began doing it every day, I only lose a few hair strands, unlike before when my whole brush was filled with hair. You can usually notice a difference in a week or two after you do the massage. However, not massaging (as sometimes I do get slack) just makes the hair loss problem come back

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

I wonder if this could be harmful. Does not seem that massaging your head to the point of pain and headache is worth a head of beautiful hair.

I would think that a lighter touch would be ok, and certainly feel good!

My concern would be that hard or deep massage could mimic trauma to the head, and I would not want to mess with my eyes, sinuses, or fluid pressure in the brain.

Honored Contributor

It's even better when you use Maracuja oil once a week at bedtime and ma-ss-age in the scalp & shampoo in the morning. Maracuja oil balances the scalp and your hair will be soft and conditioned.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

"Massage every part of the head (scalp) as hard as you can possibly take it.

You may feel something strange, like a numbness or pain, sometimes it may even feel as if you have a headache. Don’t stop at that, because having these sensations is a good thing!"

Hmmm...I don't think so. I'll stick with a gentle massage on occasion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
I do think massage is good, but, it doesn't have to be to the point of pain. I certainly wouldn't do it until it hurts. I do this when I remember, which certainly isn't often.
Honored Contributor

I think it would be good too to just do gentle massage. I wouldn't think it had to be a hard massage. But scalp massage truly does work. I don't lose many hairs at all now and some people have said it keeps most of the gray hair away. A friends Dad is age 80s and only has a little gray hair and has done scalp massage since he was a kid.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I will have to try the

Maracuja oil

KatCat1. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I love massages, but not the painful ones. I had a deep tissue massage once, and it really hurt! It may be good for you, but never again{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I'll stick with a lighter massage, too.