Regular Contributor
Try scowling into your mirror and then smile while yelling "Lift, lift, lift!".....it works. Why is Adrienne so darn entertaining?
Super Contributor

Re: ""Scaffolding for the face!""

I was waiting for someone to start a thread about the ""Scaffolding"". Lol! Adrienne cracks me up!!

Honored Contributor

She used to even show pictures of a building being renovated that was surrounded by scaffolds...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

My butt needs buttressing. What can be done about that?

Super Contributor

She used that scaffolding shtick in the Adrian Arpel newspaper ads 30 years ago--apparently it works! (The advertising, not the product). I agree, she's so entertaining to watch.

Honored Contributor

Adrienne and Joan Boyce. Now those ladies can sell. Seems to involve a lot of metaphors, "love," ginormous exaggerations, taking apart the product and messing with it, and SHOUTING.

They're like a masterclass in selling to our demographic. I don't even want Adrienne's stuff and if I watch her I find myself thinking, 'hey, I wonder if I would look younger if I used all that goop on my face at once.'

It's the idea that if you layer that much stuff on, all with the same goal, it's gotta have a huge cumulative effect. Strangely appealing. Must resist.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

When I first read your thread intro, I thought you were going to talk about Lifestyle lift!!! LOL
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

To me, there is no one more entertaining to watch do make up demos than her. She just slaps it on. Gotta love Adrienne.

Valued Contributor

I love that woman. She is an American original!

Respected Contributor

On 5/17/2014 myshell624 said:

To me, there is no one more entertaining to watch do make up demos than her. She just slaps it on. Gotta love Adrienne.

A little of this, and a little of that, and then haphazardly (is that a word?) mix together all over the face with a sponge. The anchorwoman blue ends up near the ear. The eye concealer ends up down by the nose..... She is fun to watch. LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey