Honored Contributor

Re: Saying good-bye

[ Edited ]

Loved Shawn's hairstyle back in those days.  I remember watching a few shows.  I remember them running around the set going behind the scenes, etc.  Quite a silly show @Johnnyeager .

Trusted Contributor

1 banana is more than enough for that show, and at this point should be on a banana peal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Elise Ivey will no longer be her second banana.  Guess they need to find yet another one.

@Johnnyeager 

Elise must be counting her lucky stars.

Honored Contributor

Elise has a new show on Q2 on Sundays.  Looking forward to that (I don't know the name of the show or the time).

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I say put Julia Clearly with Shawn, that would be interesting  Woman LOL   

Clearly not a good idea!

@rms1954   LOL I couldn't resist

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I say put Julia Clearly with Shawn, that would be interesting  Woman LOL   

Clearly not a good idea!

@rms1954   LOL I couldn't resist

Think QVC has a room big enough?

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure Shawn said that Elise would still be hosting her usualy Monday morning show and Tuesday morning beauty show. Sending her to Q2 is a big mistake IMO. Few people know when those shows are live and don't watch. Some cable carriers don't have Q2 on their line up.

Elise is one of the best female hosts. it seems that Shawn's "revolving door" is the kiss of death for hosts. The only "star" who made it big from being her "student" was Courtney. 

Honored Contributor

What is Dare to Share anyways?  Is it a beauty show or just more generic stuff?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm pretty sure Shawn said that Elise would still be hosting her usualy Monday morning show and Tuesday morning beauty show. Sending her to Q2 is a big mistake IMO. Few people know when those shows are live and don't watch. Some cable carriers don't have Q2 on their line up.

Elise is one of the best female hosts. it seems that Shawn's "revolving door" is the kiss of death for hosts. The only "star" who made it big from being her "student" was Courtney. 

You are correct.  Working with Miss Killinger is the kiss of death.  Anyone co-hosting with her has to stoop so low that they can never get off the floor.  Elise is great and she deserves much better than second banana.  

Valued Contributor

I am not sure if Elyse getting another new show on Q2 is a kiss of death, rather it sounds like an oppurtunity for her to get out from SK's shadow and do her thing.  She used to host her own beauty shows on beauty IQ. At least they kept her because she is one good host, but Q2 I believe is the second string as we said in sports back in the day.  I wish they would just start promoting the new lineup rather than dangling this little nugget of information without anything to back it up. However, it has caused a lot of talk on the boards and that is likely to create some interest for people to watch if...they get Q2.  There is absolutely no need for a cohost on Dare to share.  and quite frankly there's not a whole lot of "sharing" as she originally indicated was the concept of the show. She never takes her makeup off anymore on that show or do a makeover.